Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: GeneralNano: Day 1
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Nano: Day 1

PreviousPage 4 of 6Next

@soneill

@klfrazier,  That 5 minute delay for me isn't just after the initial setup but after each and every Nano boot sequence that you perform.  Antman is a Java application from my nosing around via SSH.  Once it is up FULLY, port 3000/tcp finally shows up.  On my nano, it is closer to 7-8 minutes after a reboot before the GUI port (3000/tcp) really starts up and stops Nginx (which is acting as a proxy server) from throwing "Bad Gateway" errors.    Gladly stand to be corrected/educated on my nosing around comments.

It does appear that it is java and seems like it is out of control on memory consumption..   I suspect they have some room to cleanup memory usage..   In time I suspect it will be improved and thin, quicker and awesome!

Quote from soneill on February 17, 2020, 7:55 am

@klfrazier,  That 5 minute delay for me isn't just after the initial setup but after each and every Nano boot sequence that you perform.  Antman is a Java application from my nosing around via SSH.  Once it is up FULLY, port 3000/tcp finally shows up.  On my nano, it is closer to 7-8 minutes after a reboot before the GUI port (3000/tcp) really starts up and stops Nginx (which is acting as a proxy server) from throwing "Bad Gateway" errors.    Gladly stand to be corrected/educated on my nosing around comments.

@ac9hp @soneill @klfrazier

When you need to reboot the GUI:

Instead of using SSH to reboot the nano using "reboot now" command try using

"service antman restart" and you should be under 2 min to be ready on port 3000 (30 seconds usually for me) and BONUS your antlets stay running.

lancem and soneill have reacted to this post.
lancemsoneill
Quote from bradkuhl on February 17, 2020, 7:28 am

There are 2 micro hdmi ports on the unit, but I do not believe either are activated on a unit that has been provisioned properly. When my unit was corrupted by power failing on the first boot, I ordered a micro hdmi cable and saw a "kernel panic" command prompt when hooked up to my monitor. But after I had it working again i didn't ever get a picture over the hdmi connection... but the GUI via ip address worked fine (some of the time)

Possibly someone else could confirm this?

During my initial Nano boot I connected hdmi to my monitor to view the process so it worked then, but I have not tried it after that.

Quote from soneill on February 16, 2020, 11:26 am

Same issues as above with one added:

• The Console feature in Antman doesn't seem to work ... yet.

Question on antlet as I'm rather new to LXC and how it behaves in relation to resources.  If an Antlet is created with a 1 vCPU should not /proc/cpuinfo within the antlet show one (1) CPU ?  I created a Centos Antlet.  I got in via the ssh 10.1.1.10 approach described above and was curious.  Cpuinfo is showing all four (4) cores.  Meminfo is similarly showing all 4GB as available to the Antlet.

Have you tried upgrading by running `upgrade-antman 3.0.0b`? Initially, my console was not functional either, but I just tried it and it's operational now.

Quote from chamorroroots on February 17, 2020, 9:40 am

Have you tried upgrading by running `upgrade-antman 3.0.0b`? Initially, my console was not functional either, but I just tried it and it's operational now.

I didn't have to.  Either mine came with 3.0.0b or it auto-upgraded to it (assuming Nanos do auto-upgrade that is).

After I upgraded to 3.0.0b, my console (in antman) and bridged networking for my antlets started working.

From this post:

https://antsle.com/forum/topic/nano-day-1/?part=2#postid-1672

Quote from lancem on February 17, 2020, 10:40 am

After I upgraded to 3.0.0b, my console (in antman) and bridged networking for my antlets started working.

From this post:

https://antsle.com/forum/topic/nano-day-1/?part=2#postid-1672

I ran the update a couple times and different functions seemed to come online each time... FWIW.  I'm not sure if I had a better understanding of what I was doing or if they have updated the install package as they go...

If something isn't working, I'd suggest trying the update again and seeing if its different this time...

It didn't erase any antlets when i did it either.

"upgrade-antman 3.0.0b"

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK UNLESS TOLD TO DO SO BY A SERVICE AGENT

Probably unofficial, but replacing the  'b' with a 'c' just now got me the next version and it didn't brick my nano.....

all my antlets are still there and the KVM i had running still is....

And GUI was available in <10 seconds after completion....

3.0.0c

Brad

lancem and chamorroroots have reacted to this post.
lancemchamorroroots
Quote from bradkuhl on February 17, 2020, 8:44 am

"service antman restart" and you should be under 2 min to be ready on port 3000 (30 seconds usually for me) and BONUS your antlets stay running.

I just tried this.  I'm noticing a stability issue with my antman.  After about 24+ hours, antman just stops responding.

So did the service restart above and it still took my antman 4 minutes to full start.  I wish the Antman log had a bit more data in it.

So ... I got my courage up and upgrade antman to 3.0.0c.  NOW it starts up in 30 seconds !!  I'll see if it locks up tomorrow like 3.0.0b does.

Quote from soneill on February 17, 2020, 7:12 pm
Quote from bradkuhl on February 17, 2020, 8:44 am

I just tried this.  I'm noticing a stability issue with my antman.  After about 24+ hours, antman just stops responding.

So did the service restart above and it still took my antman 4 minutes to full start.  I wish the Antman log had a bit more data in it.

So ... I got my courage up and upgrade antman to 3.0.0c.  NOW it starts up in 30 seconds !!  I'll see if it locks up tomorrow like 3.0.0b does.

Good to hear. How long had it been since your update to 3.0.0b ?

I never specifically upgraded to 3.0.0b like I just did for 3.0.0.c.   Not sure if mine came with it or if something else got it there.  I got my Nana about a week ago so I'd say I've had 3.0.0.b for that period of time.

PreviousPage 4 of 6Next