Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: GeneralNano: Day 1
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Nano: Day 1

PreviousPage 5 of 6Next
Quote from soneill on February 17, 2020, 8:06 pm

I never specifically upgraded to 3.0.0b like I just did for 3.0.0.c.   Not sure if mine came with it or if something else got it there.  I got my Nana about a week ago so I'd say I've had 3.0.0.b for that period of time.

I had updated again and again to 3.0.0b and it seemed like it got to responding better each time. Not sure if it had a memory leak that got erased each time or what.

Besides 3.0.0c addressing the console issue (that works now as already suggested), I'm not sure what 3.0.0c did.

I tried running "init 6" and lo-and-behold, the 8 minute wait is back.   anthilld at boot time is repeatedly attempting to connect up to antsle.com looping over the same messages in /var/log/messages over and over and over.  Then finally a message "antHill Init !" shows up then antmand shows up.  That drops a rather large Java stack trace, gets two 400 HTTP statuses from something.

Like someone said earlier in this thread, this is still very much a work in progress and (my addition) we are the lab rats.

Quote from soneill on February 17, 2020, 8:47 pm

Besides 3.0.0c addressing the console issue (that works now as already suggested), I'm not sure what 3.0.0c did.

I tried running "init 6" and lo-and-behold, the 8 minute wait is back.   anthilld at boot time is repeatedly attempting to connect up to antsle.com looping over the same messages in /var/log/messages over and over and over.  Then finally a message "antHill Init !" shows up then antmand shows up.  That drops a rather large Java stack trace, gets two 400 HTTP statuses from something.

Like someone said earlier in this thread, this is still very much a work in progress and (my addition) we are the lab rats.

What's "init 6"?

Quote from bradkuhl on February 18, 2020, 4:09 am

What's "init 6"?

"init 6" = I ran that command at a SSH CLI to reboot the Nano.

Quote from soneill on February 18, 2020, 12:24 pm
Quote from bradkuhl on February 18, 2020, 4:09 am

What's "init 6"?

"init 6" = I ran that command at a SSH CLI to reboot the Nano.

Unless you have a reason to reboot the whole unit, I would avoid rebooting it because of the long wait to reload everything.

But to re-load just the Antman GUI is much faster using "service antman restart"

Quote from bradkuhl on February 18, 2020, 1:26 pm

Unless you have a reason to reboot the whole unit, I would avoid rebooting it because of the long wait to reload everything.

But to re-load just the Antman GUI is much faster using "service antman restart"

Very much agree with you.  However, there are more things to understand than just how to make antman startup faster like the boot sequence and what it does there as well.

One thing I've noticed on my Nano vs my Antsle Ones (the Gentoo ones, not the new CentOS ones) is when I restart antman on my nano, I also have to restart nginx for me to connect to it.

But on the Antsle Ones (Gentoo), when I restart antman it automatically restarts nginx.

I'm on antman 3.0.0c on the nano.

@lancem, that's really odd.  Nginx doesn't keep persistent connection to antman.  It's simply acting as a reverse proxy.  As such, it shouldn't be retaining any persisted connection status.   On my nano, once port 3000/tcp is up, nginx immediately starts proxying and the antman interface comes up.

Now, I say that while acknowledging I haven't deep dived in the the OOB nginx conf file line-by-line to see if anything is setup that could cause that ... like maybe a health check or something.

version d is available you might upgrade and see if that helps.

I head another release is due soon.

Not sure if this is the right answer or not.  For my Nano on anthill.antsle.com, "My Subscriptions" is also empty.  But on the "My Servers" page, it does show my Nano and it has the Essential plan associated with it.  In addition on my Nano within the Antman web interface (I'm on 3.0.0d), the Business Plan page also indicates my Nano has the Essentials plan as well.

You should SSH into the Nano and run this:

upgrade-antman 3.0.0d

then reboot the Nano.  There are some port filtering tweaks which apparently need a reboot to activate/tweak/something.  Unfortunately the port forwarding "progress" isn't persistent across reboots I just found this today 🙁  Be patient when you reboot the Nano, it takes my Nano 8-10 *minutes* before Antman comes up fully allowing you to log into the web interface.

PreviousPage 5 of 6Next