Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: GeneralNano: Day 1
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Nano: Day 1

PreviousPage 3 of 6Next

Same issues as above with one added:

• The Console feature in Antman doesn't seem to work ... yet.

Question on antlet as I'm rather new to LXC and how it behaves in relation to resources.  If an Antlet is created with a 1 vCPU should not /proc/cpuinfo within the antlet show one (1) CPU ?  I created a Centos Antlet.  I got in via the ssh 10.1.1.10 approach described above and was curious.  Cpuinfo is showing all four (4) cores.  Meminfo is similarly showing all 4GB as available to the Antlet.

@mpbaum Has a Nano Antman beyond version 3.0.0b been released yet? beta even?

chamorroroots has reacted to this post.
chamorroroots

My antsle does not appear to be working.  I followed the antlse nano setup instructions, but the instructions only follow the happy path.  I plugged it in and left it on for the past several days, but I still cannot access it with myantsle.local or find it in my router list of connected devices.  The light is on, but nothing appears to be happening.

I tried connecting my computer to the device using my network cable, but I still cannot access the device.  I do not see anyway to connect a monitor to it to see what is going on.  So it appears that the nano isn't working.  I am not that versed in the linux OS, so I am not sure what troubleshooting steps to take or how to determine if the nano is actually even working.

@klfrazier

Did you let it load for 15 minutes on first boot? If you didn't it may haves corrupted the final install, this happened to me and there is a way to download an iso and re-flash the sdcard...but try this first.

Do you have access to your router to see what DHCP address your nano gets assigned? If you don't have access to the router, you can download an android app like "Fing" and scan your wireless network devices and should be able find the entry called "myantsle" to see it's ip address assuming the wireless network is on the same subnet as the wired one.

Power off the nano, plug in network cable, re-power the nano, and wait literally 15 minutes to be sure it's loaded all the way.

If you can find the IP address it has been assigned, use it in your browser. http://192.168.1.125:80 or else try http://192.168.1.125:3000 but change the ip address to your address and see if the gui comes up.

Quote from klfrazier on February 17, 2020, 5:12 am

My antsle does not appear to be working.  I followed the antlse nano setup instructions, but the instructions only follow the happy path.  I plugged it in and left it on for the past several days, but I still cannot access it with myantsle.local or find it in my router list of connected devices.  The light is on, but nothing appears to be happening.

I tried connecting my computer to the device using my network cable, but I still cannot access the device.  I do not see anyway to connect a monitor to it to see what is going on.  So it appears that the nano isn't working.  I am not that versed in the linux OS, so I am not sure what troubleshooting steps to take or how to determine if the nano is actually even working.

lancem has reacted to this post.
lancem

Yes I plugged it into my router in my network closet, which has constant power.  I did some other chores, and I came back about 30 minutes later.  I still was not able to find it.

I have an Orbi that acts as my DHCP.  I saw a connection that I did not recognize, which showed that it was blocked.  I tried the IP address with the 3000, but it never connected.  I unblocked it and tried it, but I still could not connect.   I do not think this is the nano, because the connection shows that it is a wireless connection.  The only wired connections that show are the ones that I already had.  I have a network cable connected directly to the nano and into my switch.  I also tried directly connecting into my router, but it still does not seem to appear.

I have left it connected and powered on for the past several days in hopes that it would connect, but still no success.  I will try rebooting.  I also am reaching out to support.

Are you using a Windows laptop? What version os?

I'm not at home to check, but I recall when it was announced, the Nano was supposed to have at least 1 HDMI port for a monitor.

There are 2 micro hdmi ports on the unit, but I do not believe either are activated on a unit that has been provisioned properly. When my unit was corrupted by power failing on the first boot, I ordered a micro hdmi cable and saw a "kernel panic" command prompt when hooked up to my monitor. But after I had it working again i didn't ever get a picture over the hdmi connection... but the GUI via ip address worked fine (some of the time)

Possibly someone else could confirm this?

So per bradkuhl's suggestion, I did unplug my nano while I ate breakfast.  About 30 minutes I came back and went through the setup again.  This time when I plugged it in, I immediately noticed the green light and what appeared to be activity.  After about 30 seconds the green light would blink periodically, so I felt confident that I was finally getting somewhere.  I pulled up my Orbi app, and I noticed a message a message from my Orbi Circle that a device had joined my network.  I checked the IP address, and it was indeed a wired connection.  I then tried the IP, but it must of still been working.  After about another 5 minutes, the login screen appeared.  I received my token and was able to access my antman.  So I am in with the included password.

lancem and bradkuhl have reacted to this post.
lancembradkuhl

@klfrazier,  That 5 minute delay for me isn't just after the initial setup but after each and every Nano boot sequence that you perform.  Antman is a Java application from my nosing around via SSH.  Once it is up FULLY, port 3000/tcp finally shows up.  On my nano, it is closer to 7-8 minutes after a reboot before the GUI port (3000/tcp) really starts up and stops Nginx (which is acting as a proxy server) from throwing "Bad Gateway" errors.    Gladly stand to be corrected/educated on my nosing around comments.

PreviousPage 3 of 6Next