Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Upgrade to edgeLinux - Complete disaster

Page 1 of 3Next

The upgrade had issues and spat out errors through the whole process.  Unit rebooted and since then, I have no network connectivity to the unit.  I do have one VM set to start up automatically.  That works fine and I can ping the VM from another system.  Without being able to log into the GUI, I am not able to fire up the other VMs.  I have read a few other posts about folks having similar issues.  Is there anything published that shows how to troubleshoot this issue?  Right now my unit is a brick for the most part.

Hi @itsky,

Are you able to ssh into the edgeLinux command line?

No ssh or web GUI access and I cannot ping the unit itself.  I was able to get to the console using the IPMI.

Ok. Using the IPMI connection can you check:

1. If you are acquiring any ips from your router. ifconfig
  2. Your interfaces service net.br0 status (Please note that is a zero)
  3. If antMan is started. service antman status. If needed service antman restart.

1. Yes, the network interfaces do show IP addresses that are correct for my subnet and are the same as before the upgrade.
  2. status: started
  3. status: started

After being away from it for a few days, I could SSH into it.  I had a power failure in the office today and had to shut it down.  After booting it back up, I'm still having the same issues.

I am also having the exact same issue. I can't ping the antsle's IP address but my antlets appear to be working. I too got a bunch of errors as I was upgrading to edgelinux. My system restarted and then could no longer access the antman GUI, nor ping, FTP, SSH into the antsle at all. What's weird is the antlets are working and one of them has a bridged IP address so that I can SSH and access it locally without going through the Antsle first. Antman is running and so is Anthill service. I found the link below to be helpful but all the information when I ran an ifconfig br0 is correct and the dns settings are correct. What's even weirder is I can ssh remotely into the antlet but not the antsle. I'd like to try and reset the network configuration but don't know how to while using a keyboard and mouse connected directly to the antsle and without access to the antman GUI.

https://antsle.com/forum/topic/anthill-cant-find-antsle/

Hey guys,

I'm going to have some of our other devs look into this as it appears to be a strange issue.

Are you assigning a static ip to the antsle by the way or are you using dhcp?

@odjhlofton You can change the network configuration via anthill.antsle.com if the antsle is activated and getting the heartbeat. You can just "re-configure" it.

Also please check your `/etc/conf.d/net` file, that is the network config file.

Here are some example configs for br0 for both dhcp and static address. Also note the interface names are different for the XD models:

# --------------------------------
# Configuration for enp0s20f0 DHCP
# --------------------------------
bridge_br0="enp0s20f0"

config_enp0s20f0="null"
config_br0="dhcp"

fallback_br0="null
apipa"

rc_net_br0_need="net.enp0s20f0"

And for static address

# ----------------------------------
# Configuration for enp0s20f0 Static
# ----------------------------------
bridge_br0="enp0s20f0"

config_enp0s20f0="null"
config_br0="192.168.6.9 netmask 255.255.255.0"

fallback_br0="null
apipa"

rc_net_br0_need="net.enp0s20f0"

routes_br0="default via 192.168.6.1"

For antsle One XD's use different interface names - eno1, eno2...

# ---------------------------
# Configuration for eno1 DHCP
# ---------------------------
bridge_br0="eno1"

config_eno1="null"
config_br0="dhcp"

fallback_br0="null
apipa"

rc_net_br0_need="net.eno1"

# -----------------------------
# Configuration for eno1 Static
# -----------------------------
bridge_br0="eno1"

config_eno1="null"
config_br0="192.168.6.9 netmask 255.255.255.0"

fallback_br0="null
apipa"

rc_net_br0_need="net.eno1"
routes_br0="default via 192.168.6.1"

@will Thanks for the reply. I checked the `/etc/conf.d/net` file and I noticed it didn't match exactly to the sample you sent. I added the fallback_br0 and the routes lines to the file. It still did not resolve the issue even after reboot. I did however notice on the system startup that the "ntp-client" did not start and and failed to start manually as well. It gave the error "nameserver cannot be used. Temporary failure in name resolution (-3)

Failed to set clock. so obviously it still has not outside network connection. I still can't even ping the router within the CLI. None of my computers can see it either.

I am thinking of switching it to try and request an IP via DHCP rather than my current static configuration.

I've attached a picture of the current network settings. PS these came up green during startup.

Page 1 of 3Next