Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

How to access the contents for SSD from a broken antsle server?

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Hi @daniel-luck,

Thank for your response and the detailed steps. I appreciate your support.

I am seeing my Zpool UUID is same for all the devices - `17206638070832407033` including the one came from other server (/dev/sdc).  With the current state, can the data from the disk  be read ?

Thanks

vk

Uploaded files:
  • Screen-Shot-2022-04-14-at-2.37.33-PM.png

Hi @vmyantsle

I'm not sure why  the UUID would be identical.  I'm going to reach out to our team.

As for your case, I have replied with steps for getting the antsle booting again.

You can also refer to previous forum post here:

https://antsle.com/forum/topic/what-are-the-correct-hd-boot-bios-settings-via-ipmi-for-antsle-one-xd-pro/

Thank you,
antsle Support

Hi @daniel-luck,

Thank you for your response. I was able to get the antsle boot up by choosing 'Antsle OS' option from the boot up list. None of the other option didn't get machine the boot up to login screen.

I don't know still how to access the data from one of the partition sdc4 as all the 3 partitions belong to the same zpool.

When i try to mnt the device, i get the following error.

mount -t auto -v /dev/sdc4 /mnt/media
mount: unknown filesystem type 'zfs_member'

Thanks

Venky

Hi @vmyantsle

Since we've got the drive attached, can we use these commands to check out status of zpool again?

zpool list
zpool status

Thank you,
antsle Support

Hello @daniel-luck,

Here is the output of the commands

root@server1:~ # zpool list
NAME SIZE ALLOC FREE EXPANDSZ FRAG CAP DEDUP HEALTH ALTROOT
antlets 216G 317K 216G - 0% 0% 1.00x ONLINE -
root@server1:~ # zpool status
pool: antlets
state: ONLINE
scan: resilvered 34K in 0h0m with 0 errors on Fri Apr 15 20:20:15 2022
config:

NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM
antlets ONLINE 0 0 0
mirror-0 ONLINE 0 0 0
sdb2 ONLINE 0 0 0
sda4 ONLINE 0 0 0
sdc4 ONLINE 0 0 0

errors: No known data errors

Hi @vmyantsle

Thank you for providing the output of the commands.

From looking at the output, it may be antlets partition on /dev/sdc4 may have been overwritten (reslivered).

Do you have another antsle that you can connect the drive to (which should have different UUID)?

If interested, antsle also recovery service to attempt to recover data.  If interested, just e-mail us at support@antsle.com

Thank you,
antsle Support

Thank you @daniel-luck, I have it already connected to another antsle as an external drive.  Do you mean the 2nd machine ?

Thanks

Venky

Hi @vmyantsle

Yes, you may need second antsle for the restoration.

I have your case for data recovery and I'll be reaching out to you once I can confirm some logistics on our side.

Thank you,
antsle Support

PreviousPage 2 of 2