Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

What are the correct HD/Boot BIOS settings (via IPMI) for Antsle One XD Pro?

Hi -- I had a power outage and my Antsle One XD Pro did not recover. I logged in via IPMI and am seeing:

CLIENT MAC ADDR: [My Mac Addr]

CLIENT IP: 0.0.0.0 MASK: 0.0.0.0 DHCP IP: 0.0.0.0

PXE-E7B: Missing MTFTP server IP address

PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent

Followed by the (dreaded)

Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot Device and press a key

I have no way to know if the SSD is bad/corrupt, and suspect it MIGHT be a misconfigured/fully reset BIOs (the System Date is back to 2018, same as the BIOS build date). I tried searching the documentation but I'm not sure what the proper BIOS setting/config is for my device.

I do see the 2x500GB SSDs in the SATA configuration, and I'm not sure if they're supposed to be SATA/AHCI or RAID. I have changed this a bit to see if I can get it to work, but it feels like a lot of wasted effort in trial-and-error.

Landing the plane...Does anyone have either documentation on the correct BIOS settings and/or willing to share their own?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @brandonwolf

I've got an older antsle One but the configuration will be similar.

You can follow steps below:

Here are some steps to diagnose the boot issue:

1) After turning on the antsle, keep tapping [F11] to get into the Boot Menu.

2) You can try choose another Boot option.

3)  If this works, you can reboot your antsle.  Keep tapping [F11] to get back into Boot Menu.

4)  You can navigate to Enter Setup.

5)  Then navigate to Boot menu.  Choose the correct drive.

6)  Then navigate to Save & Exit --> Save Changes and Exit --> Yes.

You can view the screenshots below as reference.  Your configuration may be different.

I'm hoping that you find that helpful.

Uploaded files:
  • SuperMicro_Boot_Menu.jpg
  • SuperMicro_Boot_Menu2.jpg
  • SuperMicro_Boot_Menu3.jpg
lancem has reacted to this post.
lancem

When I added some external drives (for an external zpool), my antsle one xd (bought in 2019) had problems booting.

I saved these screenshots from the BIOS settings in case it happened again.

I didn't save the screen you're mentioning, but I do remember the 2 SSDs did not say RAID.

Maybe they'll help.

Uploaded files:
  • bios-screenshot-1.png
  • bios-screenshot-2.png
daniel.luck has reacted to this post.
daniel.luck

Hi @lancem

Thanks for sharing your screenshots.

My screenshots didn't come through the first time, so I uploaded them in the original message.