Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

how am I supposed to update edgelinux?

Page 1 of 2Next

I believe I am running edgelinux 2.0.

Static hostname: tiberius

Icon name: computer-server

Chassis: server

Machine ID: 0f379cabacd1439b8f16dc8f394b2972

Boot ID: a533f2368eba4d09a5e26d0f6cd666de

Operating System: CentOS Linux 7 (Core)

CPE OS Name: cpe:/o:centos:centos:7

Kernel: Linux 3.10.0-1062.el7.x86_64

Architecture: x86-64

I run sudo upgrade-edgelinux and it says that I am the latest, yet this is more than 2 yrs old. I am also not allowed to run yum update .

There are a number of security updates available. How am I supposed to upgrade edgelinux?

Thanks,
Tishihtzu

Hi @tishihtzu

Yes, edgeLinux 2.0 is the latest version of edgeLinux.

You can also use these commands to find what version of edgeLinux and antMan you are using:

antsleOS-version
antman-version

I will ask our developers about security updates.

Thanks,
antsle Support

Hi @tishihtzu and @daniel-luck,

You can perform an yum-update, but after that you need to fix ZFS and possible the Docker Service.

ZFS fix https://antsle.com/forum/topic/yum-update-breaks-myantsle-local-connection/

Docker Service fix https://antsle.com/forum/topic/docker-service-wont-start/

I tied it with one of my Antsle, so that I could use HTTP2.

Best

Naik

daniel.luck has reacted to this post.
daniel.luck

Hi @nike

Yes, that's correct.  After running yum-update, you will need to run the fixes above to fix zfs and the docker service.

Hi @tishihtzu

I'll be discussing with our developers next week and I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,
antsle Support

Hi @tishihtzu

Our developers have created new script called elupdate for update your edgeLinux with the latest yum updates.

You can download the script here:
https://s3.us-east-1.wasabisys.com/wasabi--cloud-6a2aa848-8fea-4d97-b476-2e5ef9db7c18/edgeLinux/elupdate

You can also run these commands from your antsle:
wget https://s3.us-east-1.wasabisys.com/wasabi--cloud-6a2aa848-8fea-4d97-b476-2e5ef9db7c18/edgeLinux/elupdate
chmod +x elupdate
./elupdate

Thanks,
antsle Support

danielgalvan has reacted to this post.
danielgalvan

I ran the update script and unfortunately when my Antsle rebooted, I get an error about a missing zfs module. I looked in /lib/modules and noticed that there is a new kernel folder with only that one module .. but its not the current kernel I am booting. I tried booting the newer kernel but it just barfs 🙂

I also tried to manually remove zfs .. added the repo then edited the yum repo file to make sure that I enabled "Kabi" and then rebooted but no luck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. Daniel.

Uploaded files:
  • Screen-Shot-2022-12-29-at-2.59.46-PM.png

Hi @danielgalvan

Thanks for the update.  I'm sorry to hear that you've had some issues with our elupdate script.

For comparison, I have attached screenshot from my antsle (where zfs is working properly).

I've reached out to our developers regarding this.

Thank you,
antsle Support

Uploaded files:
  • yum_update_modiles.jpg

Hi @danielgalvan

Can you help us share the contents of /lib/modules/3.10.0-1160.81.1.el7.x86_64 directory?
For comparison, I have attached screenshot of what's inside my directory.

Also, you had let us know that you were able to boot up in an older kernel.  Was that using the grub menu when rebooting your antsle?

Thanks,
antsle Support

Uploaded files:
  • kernel_directory_contents.jpg

So I went ahead and reinstalled edge Linux on my Antsle One.. its up and running again that's the good news! My questions now is I have an external drive that I had build a Zpool on .. I mounted the drive by using "zpool import <pool name>" I can see all of my antlers in there but they do not show up in antman. Anything I can do about that?

thank you.

Hi @danielgalvan

Thanks for the update.  Glad to hear that you've got edgeLinux running on your antsle One.

You can view part of my notes that goes over ZFS Send & Receive below:

ZFS Send and Receive:

See if there are there are any snapshots:
zfs list -t all

If none, create snapshot for antlet:
zfs snapshot pool_name2/antlet_name@snap

To send old antlet and create new one:
zfs send pool_name/antlet_name@snap_name | zfs receive pool_name2/antlet_name

Edit or copy XML file to change name, location and remove UUID.

To define an LXC antlet:
vc define antlet-libvirt.xml

To define a KVM antlet:
virsh define antlet-libvirt.xml

If you want to keep your External Drive connected as zpool, you can simply create snapshot and then use steps to define LXC or KVM antlet.  If you'd like to copy your antlets, you can use zfs send | receive command above.

Thanks,
antsle Support

danielgalvan has reacted to this post.
danielgalvan
Page 1 of 2Next