Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

`yum update` breaks myantsle.local connection

The `yum update` command, breaks myantsle.local link

I have just confirmed that. As it happened, and I suspected that it was because I did `yum update` as I noticed it shortly after that.

I just factory reset it and got the link working again, then I did `yum update` and the link broke again.

Now I have to go factory reset it again, unless there is an easier way to fix it.

@new_ant - the only upgrades you should run would be upgrade-antman and upgrade-edgelinux. This is a custom OS so you won't be able to run a generic upgrade.

Hi @new_ant,

You can patch your current environment with the following:

yum remove zfs-release zfs
yum install http://download.zfsonlinux.org/epel/zfs-release.el7_8.noarch.rpm

Then edit /etc/yum.repos.d/zfs.repo
Disable [zfs] (that’s for DKMS) setting its line to `enabled = 0`
And enable [zfs-kmod] (for KABi) editing its line to `enabled = 1`
Save the file

Then:
yum update
yum install zfs

Lastly, reboot:
shutdown -r now

Your system should be back when the server comes back.

@mardo Oh, I would try that to fix it, but I already fixed it by factoring resetting it and restarting from scratch.

@ddmscott Noted. I did manage also to log directly into my raspberry antlet, finally, since I was having trouble with that at first. And there, I am able to do `apt update` with no problems. Now I also know how to properly update the bare metal antman/edge linux container, and not just the virtual raspberry pi container, thank you.

@ddmscott nvm, it's telling me that neither the upgrade_antman nor upgrade_edgelinux commands exists. That is for both of them it says:

zsh: command not found: upgrade_antman

zsh: command not found: upgrade_edgelinux

And that is in a myanstle console, Not in an Raspberry Pi console.

Hi @new_ant,

The commands are upgrade-antman and upgrade-edgelinux. However, if you have just reinstalled, you should be running the latest versions for both antMan and edgeLinux.

@new_ant - sorry, I got my dashes and underscores mixed up -- maybe that's why I'm not a software engineer 😀

lancem has reacted to this post.
lancem