Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: Issues & Bug ReportsHigh Ram usage
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

High Ram usage

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next

P.S  It'd be even cooler if hovering over the RAM usage bar would show how much is RAM and how much is ARC  🙂

Mine does...   Hovering over the yellow indicates RAM used. Green - ZFS ARC (cache)

@lancem - thanks for the feedback. Do you mean it would be nice to see a percentage popup of some kind when you hover over it?

You do see the visual distinction right? If you don't maybe you don't have any cache being used right now.

Quote from lancem on June 19, 2020, 6:37 pm

FYI - if you upgrade and don't see the new settings/info, you probably have to clear your browser cache.

CTRL-F5 in most browsers

Thanks for that point. I just added that to the Installation instructions in the release page. Keep people from going crazy 🙂

Yes I see the different colors, but it'd be even more useful if, while hovering, instead of just showing "RAM used" in the tooltip, it showed an actual RAM amount.

But it's still very useful to see the different bar sizes to know what's eating up your memory.

Uploaded files:
  • Annotation-2020-06-20-082012.png
klfrazier has reacted to this post.
klfrazier

Got it. I'll bring it up with the team.

I just upgraded both my antsle appliance and nano.  Awesome feature.  I was having the same issue, but now I can actually get insight into exactly how my memory is being used.  When the antlets shutdown, I see most of that remaining memory is cache.

Thanks

@klfrazier good to hear that. There are different options for clearing the cache under Settings > ZFS Settings. Just in case it's not released automatically, that gives you full power to clear it.

I've got the updated stuff too, much more useful.

Thanks

@ddmscott

antMan upgrade to 3.2.0 took a step backwards on this front...

Uploaded files:
  • 320.jpg

I still have the new RAM usage after upgrading on my Antlse One XD.

Antman is very persnickety.

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next