Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: GeneralReset Nano ipaddress
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Reset Nano ipaddress

I had to change my internal network ipaddress from 192.168.1 to 192.168.111 due to a conflict with a client VPN network. Now I cannot get to my Nano anymore. How do I get to it via antHill anymore, nor can I SSH into it. How can I get to it to change the ipaddress?

Hi @djurden

Since you can't connect using the network, you'll have to connect keyboard and monitor to your nano (You'll probably need mini-USB to monitor adapter).

Once you've got this hooked up, you can type in the following:
cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts

Use vim or nano to edit this file, ifcfg-br0.
nano ifcfg-br0

Here's what mine looks like for DHCP:
DEVICE="br0"
ONBOOT="yes"
DEVICETYPE="ovs"
TYPE="OVSBridge"
HOTPLUG="no"
MACADDRESS="dc:a6:32:67:bf:cf"
BOOTPROTO="dhcp"
OVSDHCPINTERFACES="eth0"

Your MACADDRESS will be different than mine.

Once you have edited the file, you can renew the DHCP address by typing:
ifup br0

If you don't need any antlets on the nano, you can re-image the SD Card and use another SD Card.

Here's the general link for downloads:
http://anthill.antsle.com/#/downloads

Here's the one specific for the nano:
https://s3.wasabisys.com/wasabi--cloud-6a2aa848-8fea-4d97-b476-2e5ef9db7c18/edgeLinux/edgelinux-2.1.0-aarch64.zip

You can use program like etcher.io to burn onto SD Card.

I have an HDMI adapter. But I don't have a USB keyboard. So I got a PS2-USB adapter. But the keyboard does not work no matter what USB port I plug it into.

I went to the store and got a USB Keyboard. I was able to get it working again! Thanks.

daniel.luck has reacted to this post.
daniel.luck

Hi @djurden

That's great to hear!  Thanks for sharing.