Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: GeneralPower Supply Issues
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Power Supply Issues

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Thanks Daniel,

Followed instructions seems fine now.

However, i wanted to build my ubuntu 22.10 version which was from ISO. I followed the recommended process from Antsle docs, including: http://ip_address:3000 where ip_address is the IP Address of your antsle then uploading but after 12 hours it was only at 45%. Am i missing something here?

The alternative also was to use the Image Source - Path - where you specify path to file on your antsle. <- How do i get the image onto my antsle directly?

Another question i have is how to make the drive for the antlet under 100GB? I cant see how to set it when creating the antlet and when i try to resize the main disk I get an error see image

Uploaded files:
  • Resize.png

Hi @kryten

For my antsles, I always use the Image Source > Path option.

Since I'm usually using Linux-based systems, I simply use sftp from command-line to copy the ISO to my antsle.
I create directory on:  /antlets/images and then place the ISO images there.

If you are using Mac or Windows platforms, you can use FileZilla (or other FTP programs) to copy the ISO to your antsle:
https://filezilla-project.org/

Thank you,
antsle Support

Hi Daniel

I got filezilla but I am obviously doing something wrong, after 12 minutes is has only uploaded .1% and 209 hours to go...

When I download a template from Antsle onto the device it seems fine..

the network speed from all my antlets seem fine also

thanks

Uploaded files:
  • Filezilla.png

Hi @kryten

While it appears that you are on the same network, can you let us know if your machine that you're transferring from and your antsle are on the same network?

I'm going to perform some testing using FileZilla on my Windows 11 machine to my antsle.

Thanks,
antsle Support

Hi Daniel

Yes, they are both on the same network:

From machine: Windows 11 IP:192.168.1.XX
Antsle: edgelinux 2.0.0 - Antman 3.4.3 IP:192.168.1.XX

FileZilla Version 3.62.0

daniel.luck has reacted to this post.
daniel.luck

Hi @kryten

I was able to perform some testing from my Windows 11 machine to my antsle:

Win11 PC (daniel-win11):  192.168.1.27
my antsle (lucky):  192.168.1.155
FileZilla Portable:  3.62.2

Using FileZilla Portable, I was able to transfer an ISO for Linux 21.1 that was 2.5GB from my Win11 PC to my antsle in little over 2 minutes.  See attached screenshot for details.

Another possibility would be to use the command line to navigate to the directory and then perform wget command to download the file directly to your antsle.

Here's an example of commands that can be used:

cd /antlets/images
wget https://mirrors.advancedhosters.com/linuxmint/isos/stable/21.1/linuxmint-21.1-xfce-64bit.iso

The above command to navigate to your images directory on your zpool, then use the wget command to direct link to download the file directly to your antsle.  See attached screenshot as an example.

Thanks,
antsle Support

Uploaded files:
  • filezilla_portable_win11.jpg
  • edgeLinux_wget_command.jpg

Thanks

I used as you suggested

cd /antlets/images
wget https://releases.ubuntu.com/kinetic/ubuntu-22.10-desktop-amd64.iso

And the image was downloaded in just under 3 minutes... which is very similar to you..  if however when imported it looks like the image and will not boot

Uploaded files:
  • imageubuntu.png

Hi @kryten

Thanks for the update and sharing the screenshot.
From looking at the screenshot, the details look close but still no quite right.

Here are steps that I took to import Linux Mint ISO:
1) Using command-line, use cp command to make copy of ISO (since importing will remove the ISO).
2) Import the ISO using the Source > Image File Path.  Also check CD-ROM button.
3) Boot up the antlet and choose the default boot option.

See attached screenshots for examples.

Thanks.
antsle Support

Uploaded files:
  • edgeLinux_copy_ISO.jpg
  • import_iso_antMan.jpg
  • import_iso_antMan2.jpg
  • antMan_boot_mint1.jpg
  • antMan_boot_mint2.jpg
PreviousPage 2 of 2