Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

New Windows 11 Template problem

PreviousPage 2 of 2

If I give the antlet 6 vCPUs but change the topology to:

<topology sockets='1' cores='2' threads='3'/>

It boots up and shows 6 processors in the Task Manager

So if I set the vCPUs to 16 and set topology:

<topology sockets='1' cores='2' threads='8'/>

It fails with the multiprocessor error.

But if I set this:

<topology sockets='1' cores='8' threads='2'/>

It boots and shows 16 processors.

So it seems threads can't ever be > 4, but sockets and cores can.

Sorry for the multiple posts. @daniel-luck has passed me in posts so I have to do something!

daniel.luck has reacted to this post.
daniel.luck

Hi @lancem

Thanks so much for investigating and sharing with us!

Hi @terryj72

Please let us know if you get any errors when using:

virsh start antlet_name

where antlet_name is the name of your antlet.

Yes, it finally started up.  I had to change the topology to what "lancem" said and it worked.

lancem and daniel.luck have reacted to this post.
lancemdaniel.luck

Hi @terryj72

Glad to hear!  Thanks for sharing.

From what you've described, it sounds like you've been able to successfully boot up your antlet with 6 vCPUs, but you're having trouble with the topology settings. Changing the topology to <topology sockets='1' cores='2' threads='3'/> seems to show 6 processors in the Task Manager, which is strange. Have you tried adjusting the topology settings to match the number of vCPUs you've assigned? There may be some sort of configuration issue there. Also, just a heads up - make sure you're using a valid Windows 11 license key, otherwise you might run into some issues down the line. I know it can be tempting to try to bypass licensing requirements, but it's not worth the risk of running an unlicensed version of the OS.

PreviousPage 2 of 2