Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: GeneralNano: Day 1
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Nano: Day 1

Page 1 of 6Next

I received my Nano yesterday. I’m juggling between activities so I only worked on it for about four hours and still not finished. I just wanted to share some of what I had experienced so far. I’m not a techie, but took the leap of faith and perhaps someone else may benefit from this.

1. It does not play well with XFinity/Comcast xFi Advanced Gateway Router. I had to turn off the Advanced Security feature in order to activate my Nano on anthill.antsle.com on configure my Nano without network and install issues. Prior to turning that feature off the Anthill domain became automatically blocked by my router, and a lot of weird things happened like my Centos7 would disappear from my Dashboard. I was not able to successfully install Apache, MariaDB, or PhP. During the AMP install process, Ram resources were at 100%. So I tried to redo Centos7 three times and kept getting the same issues.
  2. After I discovered and implemented the fix above I downloaded and installed the Debian 10 template, Apache, Maria DB, and PhP 7.3. Those went smoothly so I called it a night at 11:30pm. Ram resources were at 36%.
  3. Have patience because it does take about 10-15 minutes to boot and do its thing.  There is also a propagation lag time in accessing “myanstle.local” that is tied to that boot process.
  4. To do: I still need to figure out how to rename myantsle Nano.
  5. To do: Find out why Myantsle and antMan Essential subscription do not appear to be linked together. At least it does not show on Anthill only shows I have a Grow plan.
  6. To do: Continue configuring

To be continued....

Regarding the Essential plan... In anthill, I clicked the Subscriptions link at the top left and it showed my Essentials plan, but it wasn't associated with a server.  I clicked the Assign button there and entered my Nano's server ID (3000-xxxxxx) and now it is connected to it in AntHill.

However, in AntMan, it still doesn't show the Nano has a plan.  But it hasn't been 24 hours yet, so I'll wait awhile...

chamorroroots has reacted to this post.
chamorroroots
Quote from lancem on February 11, 2020, 9:26 am

Regarding the Essential plan... In anthill, I clicked the Subscriptions link at the top left and it showed my Essentials plan, but it wasn't associated with a server.  I clicked the Assign button there and entered my Nano's server ID (3000-xxxxxx) and now it is connected to it in AntHill.

However, in AntMan, it still doesn't show the Nano has a plan.  But it hasn't been 24 hours yet, so I'll wait awhile...

My Essential plan does not show up on My Subscriptions.  Will wait for 24 hours as well.  I was able to change myantsle name through the re-configure option on antHill, but it still wants me to select a plan and seems like it will charge me for it so I just click on the option that my Nano will not be used for business and results in the Grow plan.

Edit Update: My Nano's name reverted back to "myantsle," on its own in antHill. 🙁

ac9hp has reacted to this post.
ac9hp

Some notes so far..   I assume issues will get resolved:

• Unable to add multiple NICS to the antlets
  • Unable to get port forwarding to work
  • Unable to access antlet direct on 22010 (SSH)
  • Notice on idle it runs about 33% usage on CPU.  I guess this likely valid since it has an OS of its own to manage...

I will have more time tonight to play and see what I can fix or work around.

lancem, chamorroroots and Brian have reacted to this post.
lancemchamorrorootsBrian

Sounds like they are probably working overtime fixing a few bugs.

@ac9hp

• Unable to access antlet direct on 22010 (SSH)

I found out you can SSH into myantsle then from that ssh window run SSH [email protected] (or whatever) to get into the antlet at that address. Here is the support response:

I'm afraid that feature isn't implemented in edgeLinux 2.0 yet and your requests get most likely blocked by firewalld-service.
You can, however, ssh into your antsle and then into your antlets:
1. Connect to your antsle via SSH by running `ssh [email protected]`
2. Connect to your antlets by running `ssh 10.1.1.10`
You can find the IP addresses of your antlets in antMan, and generally just run `ssh <antlet-ip>`
Please note that the antlets will only be available over that address from your Antsle.

I did get port forwarding to work (well actually maybe not). I created a vnic and bridged to my LAN so it had its own IP, and then port forwarded in my router to access an antlet. However, I keep getting locked out of the myantsle GUI and only SSH will work and I'm not sure why. I think there is a flood of some sort coming from the myantsle and causing problems. There are hundreds or thousands of connections showing in my router from myantsle ip address.

I think the internal port forwarding is not yet working.

Currently I have no access to my gui again and am not that good at ssh and cant get anything figured out.

ac9hp and chamorroroots have reacted to this post.
ac9hpchamorroroots

Unable to get port forwarding to work

@ac9hp I was trying to remote access an antlet an this is the response to connect to an antlet from external host:

If you'd like to access the antlets from other hosts, I would suggest creating a virtual NIC. That way, the antlets get their own IP addresses in the same network the Nano is: so your antlets have both their 10.1.1.XX address (the internal bblv network) and a 192.168.X.XXX address (depending on your network setup that IP might look slightly different).
You can then access each antlet directly with it's IP `192.168....` address, not only via ssh but also with any other port or service you have set up (i.e. a webserver).
If you'd like to know more about bridging and how to configure it, you can read more here: https://docs.antsle.com/networking/bridge#configure-virtual-nic
You of course also manually configure port forwarding - what's best really depends on your use case.
Hope that might help someone. Good luck.
ac9hp has reacted to this post.
ac9hp

I am still unable to access antlet10.local / 10.1.1.10 from browser. Can't ping it either within the LAN. I can only access in ssh.

Hi @chamorroroots!

try running `upgrade-antman 3.0.0b`. That version includes several bug fixes, one of which will fix the antletsl service, allowing you to use antletXX.local again.

Please make sure to include the version number in the upgrade command.

Cheers!

lancem has reacted to this post.
lancem

@bradkuhl

"Currently I have no access to my gui again and am not that good at ssh and cant get anything figured out."

ssh into your antsle and run:  shutdown -r now

wait 5-10 minutes and your GUI should come back..

You want to stop your KVM's first if you can...

Might be good to become familiar with the virsh command from the bash prompt...

lancem has reacted to this post.
lancem

@bradkuhl

I have not been able to add a virtual NIC to my system.   Perhaps its a bug.

Not a big deal.  I am patient and this is a new product.

If you'd like to access the antlets from other hosts, I would suggest creating a virtual NIC. That way, the antlets get their own IP addresses in the same network the Nano is: so your antlets have both their 10.1.1.XX address (the internal bblv network) and a 192.168.X.XXX address (depending on your network setup that IP might look slightly different).
You can then access each antlet directly with it's IP `192.168....` address, not only via ssh but also with any other port or service you have set up (i.e. a webserver).
If you'd like to know more about bridging and how to configure it, you can read more here: https://docs.antsle.com/networking/bridge#configure-virtual-nic
You of course also manually configure port forwarding - what's best really depends on your use case.
Page 1 of 6Next