Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: Generalimport vmware VM to device
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

import vmware VM to device

I have a vmware VM (so .vmdk) that has the <imageName>.vmdk as well as the drive image files <imageName>-s001 (thru s026).  I want to move this VM in it's entirety to the Antlse (not nano).

Have you tried the "import" option on your templates page? That should work for the vmdk. The drive image files should be able to be added later once you create an antlet and then click over to its virtual drives

I get the following when I try to import the vmdk (not disk files)

QEMCON-1: Error converting vmdk to qcow2 image. qemu-img: Could not open '/antlets/_tmp/uploads/9c9b1b12-3b13-4560-81cf-567bee94af75/Dystopia_Rising.vmdk': Could not open '/antlets/_tmp/uploads/9c9b1b12-3b13-4560-81cf-567bee94af75/Dystopia_Rising-s001.vmdk': No such file or directory qemu-img: Could not open '/antlets/_tmp/uploads/9c9b1b12-3b13-4560-81cf-567bee94af75/Dystopia_Rising.vmdk'

It looks like it is expecting the s files to be in the temp folder it is using.

Is there enough free space in your antlets pool for the VMDK file?