Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: edgeLinux/antManEdgeLinux2?
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

EdgeLinux2?

PreviousPage 2 of 2

more... I am just guessing, but it seems the last yum update I did killed everything because the latest kernel doesnt know about ZFS???

Found some info here, that looks helpful:

https://icesquare.com/wordpress/how-to-fix-the-mess-created-by-zfs-on-linux-after-update/

Maybe new EdgeLinux 2 should come with a large red warning label  "WARNING DO NOT UPDATE YOUR SYSTEM" ????

(sigh) after rolling back to the previous kernel, I was able to create a new KVM centos antlet, and confirm it works.

Still a bit worried about what is gonna happen the next time a kernel security patch is announced...

Not to mention, still have to try to figure out how to import my previous antlet backups

Acnichols  has done some good things on that front... see this thread...

https://antsle.com/forum/topic/self-managed-backups-from-gentoo-antsleos-to-centos-antsleos/

Well, it's proven impossible to import my fresh antlet backups, despite them being made with the latest greatest fully updated AntMan.

I wish all of you diehard edgelinux fans many hours of fun rising to the challenges of self-servicing what I can only describe as a still-very-beta OS.

Since I need to go back to scratch again, I for one am abandoning EdgeLinux and just going back to FREE Hyper-V core (and the handy a56 file manager). At least it is solid and what little there is of it is well-documented.

When I bought into the 'founding member lifetime supporter program' I was hoping edgelinux would take a little of the pain away from VM backups, but it has proven to be nothing but a big waste of time and money. So long and thanks for all the fish!

PreviousPage 2 of 2