Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: edgeLinux/antManEdgeLinux2?
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

EdgeLinux2?

Page 1 of 2Next

I read Bernie’s blog in November about the forthcoming CentOS EdgeLinux release. That blog said to expect the release in January. I do not see anything in the release thread about it. Anyone know the status?

@tishihtzu, thanks for asking. Time we wrote another blog! We've had the edgeLinux based on CentOS in beta for some time now and have just completed the ISO available for download. You can download it directly here without putting your email in to get it--I'm guessing you don't need the explainer emails :).  There are also docs for the install and set up.

If you're planning to share this with someone then the best link to share is this one.

There still may be some small bugs with antMan running on this new backbone so please write me to marketing@antsle.com if you have any issues.

Thanks for the update. Do you recommend we upgrade or hold off a bit?

Hey @tishihtzu!

First of all, thanks for your interest in edgeLinux 2.0! Here's our recommendation: If you start with a new server, use the new ISO to install edgeLinux 2.0 - it's stable enough for production by now.

If you have an Antsle Server running gentoo right now (edgeLinux 0.13.X and below) then we recommend sticking with your current environment as we're working on a super-easy upgrade path right now.

You can, of course, still upgrade your existing edgeLinux installation but please note that it will overwrite any data you have. If you need / like to keep your current configuration and antlets, please wait for the upgrade.

Cheers!

- Marc

rockandroller has reacted to this post.
rockandroller

Any idea on when that upgrade might come?

lancem has reacted to this post.
lancem

Quick question - How does M.2 SSD configuration work with Edgelinux2? The setup documentation doesn't specify anything around it.

tried a clean edgelinux 2.0 installation on our old gentoo box, all went perfectly, till i got to the final "upgrade" step.

failed with error message "Failed to start the edgelinux installer"  🙁

went to check the network, found that no net-utils are installed ( really???)

(heavy sigh)

PS: - rebooted, and this time it seems to have found the update server ... downloading a bunch of updates ...

FINGERS CROSSED ( it was going so well...)

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_20200612_122213.jpg

Well, finally got this installed. TOOK QUITE A  LONG TIME.

Sadly, it doesn't recognize my previous anthill account, forced me to use trial. OK, fine. Only ever gonna use three VMs here, anyway.

Then found out HEAL is not available. GREAT!!!

So I cannot restore the antlet backups I made before I nuked the old gentoo version. HOW SPECIAL IS THAT?

OK, making a new antlet.

aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnndddddd.

get the error message

the CPU is incompatible with host CPU: Host CPU does not provide required features: aes

GREAT!!  Nice way to waste my whole morning. This on the very same server that was running Edgelinux perfectly fine yesterday  🙁

Is there a workaround for this?

**EDIT** heavy sigh of relief, found the old workaround...

https://edgelinux.org/forum/topic/host-cpu-does-not-provide-required-features-aes/

or.. spoke too soon. This is going from bad to worse.

rebooted the hypervisor after editing XML files as per that workaround advice. Now there are no templates.

and when I try to get them:

CTZFS-1: Error when trying to zfs create. The ZFS modules are not loaded. Try running '/sbin/modprobe zfs' as root to load them.

and...

root@myantsle:~ # /sbin/modprobe zfs
modprobe: FATAL: Module zfs not found.

ouch! Not exactly my dream Friday here...  🙁

in fact, astonishingly bad, to use the proper technical term. THERE WERE NO ERROR MESSAGES DURING THE EDGELINUX INSTALL!

But now no zpool, and my internal IP is 0.0.0.0 (???)

recommended fix?

Uploaded files:
  • 2-very-bad.png
Page 1 of 2Next