Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Documentation, please!

Are you a linux guru?
yes, since the dawn of time
yes, 10 years +
yes, I have a degree in this
nope, can do some simple things but a lot of it is well above my pay grade...
whats a linux?
PreviousPage 2 of 2

@rockandroller

Quick question: What version of edgeLinux are you running?

OK, that appears to have worked! thanks

Glad to hear that!

PS: running edgelinux version 0.12.0

@mpbaum One last comment about backing up to network shares...

I just finished a VM backup, and it was saved with the rather bland filename of  "backup_local_2.zfs.gz"

That doesn't give me any information about which VM this is a backup for!

Will I need to make and mount a separate share folder for every VM that I backup?

Might be nice if the backup system included the name of the VM in the backup filename!

I would suggest using a sub-folder for each antlet (that's the way I personally organize my backups) - but either way: I'll create a feature request to make the naming scheme of each backup more clear.

PS: You don't need to mount a new folder. Simply creating a new sub-folder like `mkdir /mnt/<name>/antlet1` will do the trick. You can also manage the folders with any other machine that has access to your NAS.

rockandroller has reacted to this post.
rockandroller

Thanks Marc,  confirmed that subfolders work fine for us through the existing mount

PreviousPage 2 of 2