Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Create antlet with smaller disk space

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Hi @kryten

No, I don't you are able to remove the Win11 template if you have antlets based on this template (due to zfs dependencies).
We had a script that I had tried posting in the forums but there was an issue with getting the syntax properly formatted.

What I meant is that you can delete other templates that you aren't using (such as CentOS 7 which can take some space) if you see them in the Templates section.

Yes, you can use this command to copy back the original.

cp image.qcow2_backup image.qcow2

Hope that helps.

Thank you,
antsle Support

Thanks Daniel

Not have got most of my space back but the after completing the commands i was only able reduce to 81gb.. even though the windows is still so small... weird

daniel.luck has reacted to this post.
daniel.luck

Hi @kryten

Glad to hear that you got most of your space back!

I haven't tried this (mostly because I haven't had any issues with space), but I had found this article about reducing (sparsifying) qcow image below.  As recommended earlier, it's important to have copy of qcow2 image before proceeding.

Reducing (sparsifying) qcow2 image of Windows10

Thanks,
antsle Support

Thanks Daniel

Do you know when we will hear back re building small disk antlets?

Hi @kryten

Our developers said that that our templates are supposed to be using "sparse" images so they shouldn't take too as much space.

For example, the Windows 11 template I created takes around 25GB even though the disk is 100GB.
Are there some other templates that are taking more space than expected?

Thanks,
antsle Support

PreviousPage 2 of 2