Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

copy-on-write and cloning templates

So, I can't get my head around copy-on-write and cloning templates and I'd hate to delete something important.

I have an antlet (which is also a template).  It has a virtual drive (an external hdd).

If I clone this instance, I get a duplicate machine -- files and all.

Then, I start adding files/removing files from machine #2, but machine #1 is unchanged.  So I guess it's keep a "copy" of things that are changed (added/deleted) and for files that are the same, they are "shared" between the VMs?

What happens if I delete the "template" for this machine? (It was created when I created machine #1).

What if I delete both machines?

Seems like witchcraft...

FYI I think I found my answer here:

https://antsle.com/forum/topic/renaming-an-antlet-via-cloning-and-promoting/