Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Renaming an antlet via cloning and promoting

I want to rename one of my antlets. I understand this is not possible, so I cloned it and gave it a new name. However, how do I remove the original one? When I try to do this, it complains that the cloned antlet is still dependent on it. How do I promote the clone so I can remove the parent?

Hi colin,

You need to promote your new zfs filesystem of the cloned antlet in order to delete the old one:

zfs promote antlets/clonedAntletName

This way, the source antlet is not longer a branch of the filesystem, but a leaf (and the cloned one, becomes the parent origin), and you'll be able to delete the source antlet using antMan as normal.

Let me know if you need any further instructions!

Yup, that worked. Thank you very much.

Might be nice to add this to the antman UI? I can't be the only who wants to do this.

rockandroller and sean.rearviewmirror have reacted to this post.
rockandrollersean.rearviewmirror