Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Can I create a custom antlet template without leaving the original antlet?

I want to create an antlet with a specific environment, snapshot - create template.  But I don't want the original antlet left laying around in my list.  I want that template to be like the downloadable templates.

Any way to do this?

trusktr has reacted to this post.
trusktr
  1. Create antlet -> take snapshot -> make template from snapshot
  2. Run zfs list, find the name of your template, then zfs promote it. For example zfs promote antlets/_templates/stressTemp2.lxc
  3. Delete original antlet
lancem, chad.r.miller and John S have reacted to this post.
lancemchad.r.millerJohn S

@will...Do you have any ideas about this kind of error?

I created the antlet, took the snapshot, made a template and got that error.

Hello! Any news on that previous error?

@trusktr, I believe this is actually in the current release being worked on. Templates will be promoted by default. @joe-wono - do we have a projected release date for this?

John S has reacted to this post.
John S

We should have a release for this sometime in January.

John S has reacted to this post.
John S

Has this been implemented yet?
Im attempting to do the same thing, but when I go to delete the original template VM I get an error about dependent snapshots

This is still not working.

antMan 3.1.0a

EL 2.0.0

Same error as OP