Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Windows Antlet Time Sync Issues

I do not recall this being an issue under the Gentoo versions of edgeLinux, however it seems under CentOS the windows antlets always revert back to UTC time when powered off.  If you manually set the time and reboot it holds the time settings, but on power off it reverts back.

For Windows 10 (Including the Win10 Template used by Antsle) you can edit the libvirt.xml file as follows (from Antsle Support)

From the command line, open the xml of the antlet for editing
EDITOR=nano virsh edit ANTLET_NAME  (For ME this did not work, as the file would not save after edit. I had to navigate to the antlets folder and edit the .xml file:  cd /antlets/antlet_name      nano antlet-libvirt.xml)
Replace the existing <clock... section
    <clock offset='utc'>
      <timer name='rtc' tickpolicy='catchup'/>
      <timer name='pit' tickpolicy='delay'/>
      <timer name='hpet' present='no'/>
    </clock>
With:
    <clock offset='localtime'>
      <timer name='rtc' tickpolicy='catchup' track='guest'>
        <catchup threshold='123' slew='120' limit='10000'/>
      </timer>
      <timer name='pit' tickpolicy='delay'/>
      <timer name='hpet' present='no'/>
    </clock>
Save and exit.
You can do the same to the Win10 xml template which will be used whenever you create a new antlet with the Win10 template.  The xml templates are in /usr/local/antsleOS/xml/
    nano /usr/local/antsleOS/xml/kvm-Win10.antlet.xml
Hopefully Antsle will UPDATE their template when they Update from Win10 (1607) to Win10 (2004)
This does fine for Windows 10 but does not work on Windows 7 antlets (which I needed)

By default, Windows synchronizes the Net Time Service only Once a week (604800 seconds) The following changes that to 10 seconds at System Startup.

Changing The Internet Time Update Synchronization

To change the interval that Windows updates the time using the internet time servers via regedit, navigate to:
1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services \W32Time\TimeProviders\NtpClient
2. Select "SpecialPollInterval"
3. Change decimal value from 604800 to a different value in seconds. i.e.: 86400 (1 Day), 14400 (4 hours) and so on.
a. Change to 10 seconds
4. Exit RegEdit
5 Open Task Scheduler
6. Under Task Scheduler Library / Microsoft / Windows / Time Synchronization, Right-click Synchronize Time
7. Select properties
8. Select "Triggers" tab, and Select "Edit"
9. Change "Begin the task:" to "At Startup" Select "OK"
10. Select OK to close the properties box and close the Task Scheduler Window.
11. Reboot

So now at startup (+10 seconds) the antlet will sync with the currently selected net time service.

lancem has reacted to this post.
lancem

Hi spollock:

Thanks for sharing.