Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: GeneralVPN
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

VPN

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

Hi @kryten

Thanks for providing the screenshot.

Please enter these commands and let us know it goes.

zfs rename antlets/Win11Kadenz.tmp antlets/Win11Kadenz
virsh define /antlets/Win11Kadenz/Win11Kadenz.antlet.xml

Thanks,
antsle Support

Hi Daniel

Doing that recovered the antlet... Do i try the same as script as before or is there something that i should do something differently?

daniel.luck has reacted to this post.
daniel.luck

Hi @kryten

Glad that you were able to recover the antlet.

There was an issue attaching the script directly in this forum due to security restrictions.
So I had to copy and paste the script manually (and there may have an issue).
I'll do some testing on my test-win11 antlet with the script above.

Please send an e-mail to support@veeam.com and I will send you the script directly to see if that helps.

Thanks,
antsle Support

Hi @kryten

I was able to copy and paste the script on my antsle.
Although it did work for me, it did take quite some time and I had relatively small antlet for Win11.

Feel free to reach out if you need assistance.

Thanks,
antsle Support

Hi Daniel

I got all my data off the antlet then trashed it then rebuilt it with the new win11 template, it is fine.

However, I still have the same issues with Nordvpn. I have used other VPNs(cisco and paloalto) both these are good but are enterprise not private VPNs.

Any ideas? or do you know of other NordVPN like services that work?

Hi @kryten

I have used Cisco VPN, SSTP (built-in) VPN as well as SSH-Based VPN (public and private key).

At Home, I had used to roll-my-own SSH-based system that I created when I need to remote into my Home network and systems.

Since NordVPN seems to have 30-day trial, I can try using on my Win11 antlet and let you know how it goes.

Thanks,
antsle Support

Hi @kryten

I had just installed NordVPN Client on my Win11 antlet.  All seems to working well but we'll have to see how it goes.  See attached screenshots. Can you let us know how long you were using the NordVPN client before disconnecting?

I had also remembered another VPN client that I had used LogMeIn Hamachi.  I needed to find an alternative VPN that works in Linux clients and Raspberry Pi's.  You can use LogMeIn Hamachi for up to 5 clients (so they can talk to each other) for free.  I was mainly using this as backup to the site-to-site VPN that a client was using.

Thank you,
antsle Support

Uploaded files:
  • nordvpn_win11_01.jpg
  • nordvpn_win11_02.jpg

Hi Daniel

What are the parameters of your antlet?

I was trying to use something small, now i am running a 4gb memory and 4 CPU..

Can you let me know?

p

Hi @kryten

My antlet is fairly simple with 4 GB RAM and 4 vCPU allocated.  See attached screenshots.
It's also fairly small because I just installed NordVPN and then ran Windows Update again.

I'm going to let this run overnight and see what happens.

Thank you,
antsle Support

Uploaded files:
  • test-win11-antlet.jpg
  • test-win11-antlet2.jpg

Hi @kryten

When I checked on my Win11 antlet this morning, it was still running and connected to NordVPN.

I ran some speed tests from SpeedTest.net and the results were very near native speeds.
I had also used whatismyip.net on Google Chrome and VPN seems to be doing it's job.
(I had removed confidential info from screenshot).

Thank you,
antsle Support

Uploaded files:
  • nordvpn_speedtest.jpg
  • nordvpn_whatismyip.jpg
PreviousPage 2 of 3Next