Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Virtualizing physical Windows UEFI

I'm trying to virtualize a physical Windows machine with UEFI to an antlet, but the UEFI seems to be giving me problems booting it.

Has anyone done this?

I found some info on the internet about adding OVMF to the virsh info, but doing that wouldn't let the antlet start (I did find some OVMF files in on the antsle, so I thought that'd work).

If anyone needs this info, the OVMF files are on the Antsle XD (don't know about the Antsle One) in:

/usr/share/edk2-ovmf/

To enable UEFI, add this line to your antlet config (virsh edit {antlet name}) in the <os> section:

<loader type='rom'>/usr/share/edk2-ovmf/OVMF_CODE.fd</loader>

This allowed me to do a Windows System Image restore from my physical Windows computer backup to the antlet.