Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Use EdgeLinux as hypervisor to launch either Linux or macOS?

I was thinking to dual-boot Linux or macOS on my MacBook Pro, but I had a thought: could I instead use EdgeLinux to launch either OS (or switch between them)? Has anyone done this before? Is there a guide?

If your main use case is to access Linux desktop apps on your MacBook without dual-booting, and you have enough RAM to devote some to a second OS (say 8 GB or more), you would probably be better off with a desktop virtualization solution like VMware Workstation or VirtualBox.

If you want to set up a centrally-managed virtual desktop solution for multiple users, or you want to be able to access traditional desktop apps from less-capable clients, then that is what EdgeLinux is for.

I want to buy a macbook, what should I check before buying?