Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: How-To GuidesUpgrade CPU
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Upgrade CPU

Purchased a one XD earlier this year and I have been super pleased with the product and support.  Not really in the mode of immediately upgrading hardware, but I find myself needing more cores than the Intel Xeon-D 4 Core currently is providing me.  How can I safely pull the board and replace it?  I don't want to crack the lid on the unit because I can't seem to find any photos from anyone who did it so I have no idea what I would be getting myself into.

Also...since I am asking for the how to, it would also be great to know if Antsle provides the service inhouse as well...just in case I get lazy.

Thanks.

Hi @alkalinecandy,

The CPU is connected to the case with a thermal paste and changing it out by yourself isn't something we'd recommend you doing since it can be tricky. I don't think the lid would crack but the components inside could be damaged if you try to do it DIY.

If you'd like us to upgrade the CPU/Motherboard for you just write to sales@antsle.com with the specs of the upgrade you need and we can get back to you on what that would cost.

Thanks,
Daniel

@ddmscott,

Great info and appreciate the insight.  Cracking the lid was referring to going inside the box not actually having the lid crack.  Would it possible at some point for you guys to give us some insight into the manufacturing process?  I am sure there is some proprietary thing you are doing which you can completely hide of course, but it would be great for us to see at least part of the build process because we are investing in the hardware and unlike a Mac, we actually want it to do something outside of look pretty.  LOL.

Are the motherboards different between the one XD and the other models?

Thanks for the insight again.

John