Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

update-anman failing

I am looking for any help in resolving this error.  Initially, I was able to run this and set up my antsle, however, now the system is not providing the "heart beat" to the anthill server and I cannot access "myantse.local" via the browser.

I have also followed these steps provided by antsle support:

It sounds like the ethernet names are not correct. This was an issue with our first XD's.

First lets remove the files in /etc/init.d/ for the interfaces

cd /etc/init.d    
rm net.enp5s0f0
rm net.enp5s0f1
rm net.enp5s0f2
rm net.enp5s0f3

and create the new links

ln -s net.lo net.eno1
ln -s net.lo net.eno2
ln -s net.lo net.eno3
ln -s net.lo net.eno4

reboot and test.

The following is now what I receive (same as before)

root@clukeyantsle:~ # upgrade-antman       

--2018-03-16 10:22:25--  http://central.antsle.com/antman-releases/0.9.1a/amanupd-0.9.1a

Resolving central.antsle.com... 70.167.2.69

Connecting to central.antsle.com|70.167.2.69|:80... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK

Length: 26273 (26K) [application/octet-stream]

Saving to: ‘amanupd-0.9.1a’

amanupd-0.9.1a      100%[===================>]  25.66K  --.-KB/s    in 0.08s   

2018-03-16 10:22:25 (316 KB/s) - ‘amanupd-0.9.1a’ saved [26273/26273]

* Checking if we're running as root ...                                  [ ok ]

* Checking installed antsleOS version ...                                [ ok ]

* dev-libs/nss check ...                                                 [ ok ]

* About to install antman 0.9.1a ...

Continue? [y/N] y                                                         [ ok ]

* Updating tmpfiles service ...                                          [ ok ]

* Ensuring antman service is running ...

* ERROR: net.br0 needs service(s) net.enp5s0f0

* ERROR: cannot start libvirtd as net.br0 would not start

* ERROR: cannot start antman as net.br0 would not start

* service 'antman' failed to start, aborting.                            [ !! ]

Error while upgrading antman

* ERROR: cannot start libvirtd as net.br0 would not start

* ERROR: cannot start antman as net.br0 would not start

Does anyone have any suggestions?  As of right now, my antsle is completely useless.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Clukey has reacted to this post.
Kevin Clukey

I did some additional research and it appears that the processes cannot access the physical network device on:

net.enp5s0f0

So, I linked this to net.lo with "ln -s net.lo net.epn5s0f0" which did not work.  I am shutting the machine down now and will reboot it from a power-off state.

This problem is solved...I believe.

I continued digging until I found the daemon that connects the "anthill" site to my local antsle device as I needed the "anthilld" to be running to get the https://anthill.antsle.com site to reconfigure my anstle device.  I am still not sure why net.br0 would not work.

When I was able to get passed the login authentication check on anthill.antsle.com site, I could reconfigure my settings.  I tried to simply leave the settings the way they were, but that did not solve the problem.  I had to do it a second time and set the IP address, mask, etc. values to get it to work.  Will have to see if I now go back to my default DHCP automatic settings if everything will work again....

The command to start the deamon "anthilld" is:

start-stop-daemon --background --start --exec /usr/local/bin/anthilld --make-pidfile --pidfile /var/run/anthilld.pid --stdout /tmp/anthilld.out --stderr /tmp/anthilld.err

I found it in the startup file "/etc/init.d/anthilld" file.

To make a long story shorter...all I needed to do was get past the login authentication screen on the anthill.antsle.com site in order to reconfigure my settings.  Determining that this site "talks" to the daemon on "myantsle" was the investigative component.

Hope this helps others...

Good luck!

Kevin

The docs say that anthilld is not required to be running to use antsle.

By reading docs it appears that anthilld does a UDP hole punch to allow
communication from antsle HQ back to the unit. (Bypassing your firewall).
Presumably this allows the mydomain.antsle.com to work, root password
reset and other things...

So if you don't want that (its a security concern) then shut down anthilld.

Could someone from antsle comment on what breaks if anthilld isn't running?