Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

unbuntu LXC antlet & snap

Hi,

I tried to install a snap package on an ubuntu LXC antlet. I manually upgraded to bionic and installed snapd. But while trying to install the hello-world snap I get the following error:

error: system does not fully support snapd: cannot mount squashfs image using "squashfs": mount:
/tmp/sanity-mountpoint-270681490: mount failed: Operation not permitted.

Did anyone manage to install snaps on an antlet?

I came across the same problem - did you find a solution?

Unfortunately I am hitting this too. I have Nano, and want to use free "Let's Encrypt" certs to protect website on a CentOS7 antlet, and Let's Encrypt wants me to install Certbot, which requires snapd to be installed.  It appears like I have installed snapd with yum, but attempting to use snap gets this error:

snap install core

error: system does not fully support snapd: cannot mount squashfs image using "squashfs": mount:

/tmp/sanity-squashfs-170670053: failed to setup loop device: No such file or directory

This may have something to do with loopback devices not compiled into the kernel.  If loopback devices were install, this should show something, but it doesn't:

ls  /dev/loop*

ls: cannot access /dev/loop*: No such file or directory

This is for ChromeOS, but maybe it will work?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60859806/chromeos-error-system-does-not-fully-support-snapd-cannot-mount-squashfs-imag

I recommend doing a snapshot of your antlet first!

Here's what I found works on edgeLinux 2.0.0, mindful that this is recently, like a couple of days ago.

1. Spin up your LXC container, such as an Ubuntu 20.04 template

Install some fuse tools and snap

# apt install squashfuse fuse
...install snap core, may install some other required packages
# apt install snapd

# mkdir /lib/modules

2. Logon to the Antsle host, i.e., myantsle.local
3. edit the LXC configuration using virsh:
virsh -c lxc:///system edit myguest

4. Add a filesystem entry, e.g., a lxc.mount.entry; for /dev/fuse on your LXC guest

<filesystem type='mount' accessmode='passthrough'>
<source dir='/dev/fuse'/>
<target dir='/dev/fuse'/>
</filesystem>

5. Save the update and restart the guest. Your edgeLinux host /dev/fuse should now be shown in the antlet as /dev/fuse

Clean up the install and do it again:

# apt-get -y purge snapd squashfs-tools libsquashfuse0 squashfuse fuse

# apt install squashfuse fuse
...install snap core, may install some other required packages
# apt install snapd
...install the test application
# snap install hello-world
...run the test
# hello-world

I think this will survive a reboot of the edgeLinux and on the antlet configuration, I have not tested that so YMMV.  I did get it to work and install certbot though.

If there is a problem you can use the following to clean up.

# apt-get -y purge snapd squashfs-tools libsquashfuse0 squashfuse fuse

daniel.luck has reacted to this post.
daniel.luck

Hi @infobro

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you,
antsle Support

infobro has reacted to this post.
infobro
Quote from drift hunters on January 6, 2021, 8:17 am

This is for ChromeOS, but maybe it will work?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60859806/chromeos-error-system-does-not-fully-support-snapd-cannot-mount-squashfs-imag

I recommend doing a snapshot of your antlet first!

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the useful information from your article moto x3m