Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Ubuntu Kubernetes - hostname, antlet name and IP address confusion

I am new to Antsle and have recently attempted to configure Kubernetes.  I have created two antlets (Ubuntu16.04.kubernetes - kvm).  Here are the attributes of each of these antlets:

Antlet Name:  antubuntukube01
IP Address:  10.1.1.14
Hostname:  ubunt16

Antlet Name:  antubunukube02
IP Address:  10.1.1.15
Hostname:  ubuntu16

My question/problem is how can I ensure that each antlet has a unique hostname when it gets created?  When I create an antlet through Antman, I don't see an option that allows me to specify a unique hostname.  I am following the instructions here:  https://docs.antsle.com/docker/  and the instructions clearly state the hostnames need to be unique.  I'm obviously missing something and can use some guidance on how to ensure my hostnames are unique.   While I'm familiar with how to change a hostname on a ubuntu instance, I'm really just looking for an option to specify this at creation time so I do not have to change it manually after the fact.