Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Trying to upgrade to 5.0 - failed to connect socket Libvirt

Hello - I’m still trying to upgrade a fresh antsle to v5.0.  After issuing the ./updaos-0.5.0 command, it unpacks the image and then after a few minutes throws the following error:

”failed to connect to the hypervisor”

”failed to connect socket to ‘var/run/Libvirt/Libvirt-sock’: no such file or directory

Any ideas?

Chad

Problem solved thanks to support.  After error throws, open secondary SSH session and restart Libvirt.  I’m finally upgraded.  Woohoo!

radarthis, THANK YOU!

I just wanted to post a few more directions on this. Because I'm still new to Linux, the directions provided were very helpful but being inexperienced, they did not offer me enough assistance and I spent several hours trying to figure it out on my own. I feel like an idiot posting this, but I hope I'll help someone else.

1. I was not SSH'd into my Antsle but physically connected to a keyboard and monitor. This is okay, but as far as I've found, you still  have to SSH in from another device in order to pull off the fix. (Because you MUST have a second window to restart libvirtd!)
  2. Run the update and when you get the error
  3. Open another ssh session and login
  4. type the following: /etc/init.d/libvirtd restart
  5.  Go back to the first window and type y and hit enter
  6. The update should now succeed.

I hope this will help someone further. Again, thank you radarthis, I wouldn't have gotten anywhere without your assistance!

lancem has reacted to this post.
lancem