Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: GeneralTroubleshooting System Hang
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Troubleshooting System Hang

Depending on the usage of my antlets my base antsleOS will eventually hang. Low traffic and it'll make it a week, high traffic (i.e. dropbox sync) and it'll last 12 hours at most.  This is characterized by the main IP for antsle not responding to pings / unable to SSH in / all websites offline.

My question to everyone: how do you troubleshoot this problem?  The host antsleOS log files (dmesg / syslog) simply go dark during this time.  I'm just not sure what my next step should be in investigating this problem.

top - 17:26:24 up  6:31,  2 users,  load average: 2.99, 3.10, 2.79

Tasks: 461 total,   2 running, 459 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie

%Cpu(s): 27.6 us, 11.9 sy,  0.0 ni, 60.3 id,  0.0 wa,  0.0 hi,  0.2 si,  0.0 st

KiB Mem : 63628348 total, 29770968 free, 32960548 used,   896832 buff/cache

KiB Swap: 16910332 total, 16910332 free,        0 used. 29709060 avail Mem 

Historically speaking, I've had this weekly lockup problem for about as long as I can remember.  I use a combination of LXC / KVM depending.   Thanks for any troubleshooting tips.

Tail of final log

View post on imgur.com

Final shot of top command

View post on imgur.com