Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[SOLVED] suddenly lost all DNS in the antlets after domain change

I can connect to the antlets just fine, but they have lost DNS internally. That is, resolver is not resolving in the VMs anymore.

Used to work fine, just came back to this project after a long hiatus.  Each Antlet VM is getting their network properties DHCP from the Edgelinux hypervisor. But it's not giving them any DNS, you can't resolve anything from within the VMs. How can I feed these VMs some normal DNS connectivity?

the resolve.conf being made for them looks like this:

; generated by /usr/sbin/dhclient-script
search bblv OLD.our.localdomain
nameserver 10.1.1.7

They are pointing to our old local domain , but I don't see anywhere that this system is getting that info...  How can I update with our new domain? ( NEW.our.localdomain )?? ( we have forwarding nameservers on the domain, and I am assuming it was using the old ones?)

...how can I force 10.1.1.7 to use a real working resolver??

hmm... I upgraded edgelinux and antsle, and it has now found our new domain ( somehow!!... wish there were some docs on this...)

so, I am now getting

; generated by /usr/sbin/dhclient-script
search bblv NEW.our.localdomain
nameserver 10.1.1.7

however, nameserver 10.1.17 appears to be thick as a post, as the VM still cannot resolve anything ( so I am unable to update it via yum, and more critical at the moment - my website is not able to update its framework with security patches!)

can anyone assist??

I have tried changing the VM to static IP and staic DNS, but this only kills the whole thing... (again, not a heck of a lot of obvious documentation on this!!)

everything was working fine a month or two ago... now I have three VMs that have no DNS ability. I can still browse their websites OK, but cannot update them internally

oops! found the pass-through DNS was misconfigured on our new internal dns server (was still pointing to old DNS server  - that was taken offline).

so. much ado about nothing, sorry

lancem has reacted to this post.
lancem

Hey @rockandroller, glad to see you resolved it.