Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

String index out of range: -1 when creating antlet

I have a trail version of AntMan 3.1.1 running on edgeLinux 2.0.0 on an HP machine with an Intel i7 6 Core processor and 64GB ram. When I try to create a new Antlet, I get an error, “String index out of range: -1”. I have used multiple templates and receive the same error. I am using the trial of the essential license to determine if we will move our organization over to AntMan for all of our server needs. If I could get some assistance, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi @jaevans

This may be an issue with the default port forwarding rules created when creating an antlet. Could you please send us the output of running the following command:

get-private-ip

Thanks!

I tried to run the command via SSH and received no results. I tried using the Console via the web interface and it doesn't seem to work. Am I missing something?

Hi @jaevans

It is a known issue. antMan will fail to create the default port forwarding rules if there's no private IP. We're working on a hotfix.

In the meantime, I'd like to understand your network configuration. Do you see a private IP in antMan? Also, please send us the output of:

antsleOS-netconf get configs

Thanks!

dhcp

none

none

none

Should I reconfigure it?

I think part of the issue is I need to change the private IP that the Antsle uses as I use the 10.1.1 network on my local network. Even when I make the change during the configuration, it does not appear to take the change when adding an Antlet it still shows up as 10.1.1.X.

This didn't change anything....

If the local LAN is 10.1.1.x then you should change the internal Network address.  In this example I change it to 10.2.2.x with

antsleOS-baseip set 10.2.2.

The command does require the last '.'

Btw, antMan 3.1.2 is released. I believe it fixes the 'String index' error

upgrade-antman

lancem has reacted to this post.
lancem