Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

SSH authentication error after upgrade

Hi folks:

Just did the latest updates for antman and anthill and then rebooted all services.  My ssh using PuTTY is giving me an "Access Denied".  If I go into AntMan and change the root password, it shows that it successfully does it, but still no access from SSH.

I was able to set up direct antlet access using SFTP through Dreamweaver so there is access, just not at the root on either SFTP or SSH.

Anyone have a suggestion for what I can do to fix this?

Thanks,

Brian

Hi @brianosaur,

The latest update only includes updates to the antMan web application. It may be that your IP changed or that avahi stopped broadcasting.

If you're connecting by antsle name (i.e. myantsle.local), please try restarting the avahi service:

service avahi-daemon restart

If you're connecting via IP, please double check your IP with:

ifconfig br0

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks for the response.  With the support team assistance, I worked some issues for what happened in my case after the upgrade.  I connected directly to the terminal and ran the following:

service sshd status

It showed that was started

Then looked at /etc/ssh/sshd_config file with this command:

grep "^[^#]" /etc/ssh/sshd_config

It should have looked like this:

PermitRootLogin yes
PasswordAuthentication yes
ChallengeResponseAuthentication no
KbdInteractiveAuthentication no
UsePAM yes
GatewayPorts yes
PrintMotd no
PrintLastLog no
Subsystem sftp internal-sftp
AcceptEnv LANG LC_*
Match Group sftp
  ForceCommand internal-sftp
  AllowTcpForwarding no  

but was only showing this:

Match Group sftp
  ForceCommand internal-sftp
  AllowTcpForwarding no  

So I put the missing lines back into the sshd_config file, restarted everything and now am able to log in using PuTTY.

Thanks for the ideas (the IP0 is something that I forget when moving things around),

Brian