Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Self-Managed Backup Error

I scheduled daily Self-Managed Backups of my Antlets to a share on my NAS.   All are working fine but one I found with it's backups siting in the "Backing up" state for a couple days.  I canceled(deleted) them and tried to trigger one manually with the "Backup Now" option.  When I do I get the following error popup "Snapshot '_antsle_backup' exists, probably from a backup in progress. If this is not the case, please delete it and try again."  I'm guessing this is implying that a failed back up left some garbage around so the system thinks there is a backup in progress (which there shouldn't be anymore).  I don't know where it is checking for these temporary files or if that is even the issue.  Any help is greatly appreciated? I couldn't find a similar error message in the forums.

Look under the Snapshots Tab, delete the _antsle_backup. Then it will back up.  I have a KVM antlet that serves as Samba Server, it doesn't backup using the self-managed settings very well. If it does complete, I have to reboot to get the samba share working again.

Perfect - Thank you!  It seems to be running successfully now.

Seems so obvious now with the error message that I should have looked there:-)

Been struggling with this same issue - (finally found this forum thread, for the workaround!)

DEVS: how about fixing it soon?

Still present in today's Antman update...

PS: here is a new error message, while taking a backup:

The backup reports it was successful... I guess I won't know until I try the restore...

Uploaded files:
  • edge-backup-error.png

The timeout seems show up on large backup jobs, but letting it complete seems to be ok.  I have been able to restore antlets after seeing this during backup.

It almost seems like an internal generic timer not related to the actual antlet size.

On antMan 3.1.0d, the KVM restore (for me anyway) does not work.  I have to use "restore as clone" to get it working.  For LXC antlets both Restore and Restore as clone work for me.  I have an open ticket with support on this one.

rockandroller has reacted to this post.
rockandroller