Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

samba keeps locking up

I've got a couple of antlets (Ubuntu 18.04) that I'm running Samba on to move files between various places on my network.  So far today I've had to reboot the entire Antsle box 6 times because, during the file transfer, one of the antlets completely locks up and craters the entire system.  It can't be rebooted.  It can't be connected to via console/VNC/etc.  It can't be shutdown in the antsle interface.  The only way to fix it is to reboot the system (and any other antlets running that AREN'T grossly malfunctioning).

Is there anything I can do to fix this?  In general, samba file transfers have been pretty disappointing, so if there's another option, then I'll try it.

EDIT: installed a FTP server and tried to transfer a few large files.  Same problem.  Maybe something jacked with the ethernet driver?

Anything in the error logs?

Quote from ac9hp on January 11, 2020, 7:08 pm

Anything in the error logs?

Nothing that I can tell.  I have to do a hard reset of the Antsle when it happens.  Don't the system logs start from scratch again after a reboot?

see If you can shell into the antsle itself and view its logs.

if it’s a kvm try to stop it with virsh.