Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Reinstalled EdgeLinux and Antman on Antsle One and anthilld service will not start

I recently encountered issues with EdgeLinux and in an attempt to resolve the issue I reinstalled EdgeLinux using the instructions provided in Antsle Docs (https://docs.antsle.com/get-started/getting-started-with-edgelinux-software-only-version). After the installation of EdgeLinux and having a network configured, the EdgeLinux installation continued and I also made sure Antman was upgraded to the latest. I can now connect locally to my Antsle on my browser via IP (http://x.x.x.x:3000) but I need to "reinstall with existing serial number". I can successfully request a token to my email, type in the token, and then am requested to login to my Anthill account. After typing in the credentials it returns "{:return ""}" and inspecting the traffic, I see the server is reporting a 500 Rest API error.

I have SSH'ed on to the Antsle and listed services using "systemctl --type=service" which reports:

root@localhost:~ # systemctl --type=service
UNIT LOAD ACTIVE SUB DESCRIPTION
● anthilld.service loaded failed failed anthilld Service
antletsl.service loaded active running antletsl Service
antman.service loaded active running antMan Service
auditd.service loaded active running Security Auditing Service
avahi-daemon.service loaded active running Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Stack
chronyd.service loaded active running NTP client/server
containerd.service loaded active running containerd container runtime
crond.service loaded active running Command Scheduler
dbus.service loaded active running D-Bus System Message Bus
docker.service loaded active running Docker Application Container Engine
firewalld.service loaded active running firewalld - dynamic firewall daemon
[email protected] loaded active running Getty on tty1
gssproxy.service loaded active running GSSAPI Proxy Daemon
irqbalance.service loaded active running irqbalance daemon
iscsi-shutdown.service loaded active exited Logout off all iSCSI sessions on shutdown
kdump.service loaded active exited Crash recovery kernel arming
kmod-static-nodes.service loaded active exited Create list of required static device nodes for the current k
ksm.service loaded active exited Kernel Samepage Merging
ksmtuned.service loaded active running Kernel Samepage Merging (KSM) Tuning Daemon
libvirtd.service loaded active running Virtualization daemon
lvm2-lvmetad.service loaded active running LVM2 metadata daemon
lvm2-monitor.service loaded active exited Monitoring of LVM2 mirrors, snapshots etc. using dmeventd or
netcf-transaction.service loaded active exited Rollback uncommitted netcf network config change transactions
network.service loaded active running LSB: Bring up/down networking
NetworkManager-wait-online.service loaded active exited Network Manager Wait Online
NetworkManager.service loaded active running Network Manager
nginx.service loaded active running The nginx HTTP and reverse proxy server
openvswitch.service loaded active exited Open vSwitch

Upon checking the status of the anthilld.service using "systemctl status anthilld" I am shown the following:

● anthilld.service - anthilld Service
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/anthilld.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2021-10-16 14:11:45 EDT; 2 days ago
Process: 12998 ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/anthilld (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)
Main PID: 12998 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)

Oct 16 14:11:45 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Started anthilld Service.
Oct 16 14:11:45 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: anthilld.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=203/EXEC
Oct 16 14:11:45 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Unit anthilld.service entered failed state.
Oct 16 14:11:45 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: anthilld.service failed.

I have tried following other forum posts for this issue without success and am unsure of what to check in order to get anthilld to start. I also assume this service being in a failed state is preventing me from registering this device to Anthill. Any help would be greatly appreciated so I can start getting new Antlets up and running!!!!

Uploaded files:
  • Antsle_AnthillActivation_Issue_01.PNG
  • Antsle_AnthillActivation_Issue_02.PNG

Hi @deekers

The antletsl service currently isn't working, and bug ticket has been generated for this.

You can use port forwarding or bridged networking to access your antlets.

Hi @deekers

There's an issue that we have created bug ticket on new installs of edgeLinux.

While you are going through the on-boarding, type in this command:
upgrade-antman 3.4.2

After that completes, you can reload antMan and you'll be able to finish the on-boarding process.

@daniel-luck Hello Daniel, thank you for the information and direction. Using upgrade-antman 3.4.2 allowed me to get past the on-boarding screen. I am now in the Antman console and have been able to create an antlet!

Thanks for you help!

daniel.luck has reacted to this post.
daniel.luck

Hi @deekers

Glad to hear that it's working for you!

You are quite welcome.