Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: GeneralQuestion About Backups
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Question About Backups

For sure I am missing something. But my understanding is that each antlet is dependant on it's template. So an antlet won't function if the template it was created from is somehow removed or damaged...do I have that right maybe not?

I'm asking because I'm a little confused about cloud backups, if I backup an antlet, what use is it if I don't have the template it was created from.

I'm sure I missed a step somewhere.

Hi @sean-rearviewmirror, all backups taken after 2.1.0c are independent from templates. Are you having issues restoring such kind of backups?

No Problems, Just trying to understand what I am actually doing when I make a backup.

Just so I understand correctly, when I make a backup, I can restore from the backup if the original template is somehow unavailable?

@sean-rearviewmirror: Yes you can, long as you take the backup in antMan `2.1.0c` or greater.

sean.rearviewmirror has reacted to this post.
sean.rearviewmirror