Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: Generalpxe boot antlets
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

pxe boot antlets

So I've been trying to find faster ways of building antlets using the centos9 stream iso's.  Prior to me doing the edge linux upgrades since I was way behind apparently I was able to PXE boot off my network without any issues.  I tried all kinds of things but no luck.  My question to the forum has anyone been able to PXE boot the antlets off the network without issues?

Thanks,

Uploaded files:
  • pxe-failure.png
daniel.luck has reacted to this post.
daniel.luck

Hi @davidlandry2019

Thanks for posting about PXE Boot.
Can you let us know what kind of PXE Boot server you are using?

Yes, this should be supported in antlets.  However, I have not personally tried this.
I'm curious to see if anyone else has tried and what their experience was.

Thanks,
antsle Support

Sure no problem.  I have an antlet running centos9 stream as a PXE server.  The DHCP is handled by a unifi UDM pro appliance configured with the network boot options.

Ok I was able to get it working.  It looks like the template "Blank-Virtio-KVM" works no problem.  With the "Blank-Virtio-KVM" template it will let the PXE client work and use the virtual network adaptors that are assigned.

Now that I figured out which template to use I can now do the following using pxe and kickstart.

• map the software repository
  • pick software packages
  • partition and set the drive location
  • set timezone
  • set root pw and permissions
  • post-install scripts
    • Perform system updates
    • install ldap packages
    • configure ldap
    • mount nas volume
    • configure home directory mappings
    • load banner security warning
    • load custom profiles for cli usage

All of this is 100% unattended once the antlet is configured, virtual network adaptor set and powered on.

daniel.luck has reacted to this post.
daniel.luck

Hi @davidlandry2019

Thanks so much for sharing this!
I will share with our team as well.

Thanks,
antsle Support