Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

please remind me - what is that portforwarding reset command?

I can't find it in a forum search, but it was very helpful a couple times before (SSH into edge server, and execute some one-liner to magically reset the port forwards...)

Had a hardware crash and strange reset of IP ( form 220 to 110) - changed all the IPS in my local DNS, and manually edited libvert file

right now I have edge web interface back up, can SSH into edge, and can surf web servers on three antlets again. But cannot SSH / SFTP into the antlets...

Maybe?

iptables -F

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-list-and-delete-iptables-firewall-rules#flush-chains

rockandroller has reacted to this post.
rockandroller

it was actually something more like 'resetportforward..." I think its an Antsle-specific script . its referred to in some forum post here, I have used it a couple times the last couple years - forum search not turning it up tho

I don't see anything similar in the /usr/local/bin location

Uploaded files:
  • usr_local_bin.jpg
rockandroller has reacted to this post.
rockandroller

ah.. I see it, it was "portmappings"!! 🙂

I just don't recall the whole command...  (still not showing up here,  i guess it was detailed in the old "edgeLinux" forum? )

and ( ahah! ) found the answer in an old email from tech support:

If using the 22xxx port try running the 'portmappings' script from the edgeLinux command line.  This script will remove and recreate the 22xxx port mappings.
so its just 'run that script', don't need to pass it anything... trying this now...
lancem and spollock have reacted to this post.
lancemspollock

aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnddddddddddddddddd...  portmappings to the rescue!

I ran that command, and now I can once again SSH and SFTP in to each of the VMs.   🙂

Still a mystery why the server IP changed from 220 to 110 after my RAM chip failure (new RAM chip installed today, back up to 24GB RAM)

Force Majeure,  I guess!

Next up (do I dare??) backing up the VMs and then upgrading the EDGE1 hypervisor from old gentoo to the new Centos ...

OOPS!!! now on edgelinix 2 - but portmappings script FAILS:

root@myantsle:~ # portmappings
Bad argument `tcp'
Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.
Bad argument `udp'
Bad argument `tcp'
Bad argument `udp'
Bad argument `tcp'
[Repeat of errors above removed by moderator to shorten post]
root@myantsle:~ #

Hi,

Antsle dev here.

With edgeLinux 2, you now have a "Port Forwarding" page that lets you add these rules from antMan. Also, as of 3.1.0d, ssh (port 22) and rdp (3389) ports are forwarded using the same rules as portmappings when you create a new antlet.

Joe