Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Options for using Docker on antsle

Docker is a service running in edgeLinux - so I get that you can spin up a docker container e.g. hello world.

Now what if I want to do something more persistent e.g. run a mongo database service?

• I will need to modify the edgeLinux setup so that it starts etc whenever the antsle boots - so what is the guidance on what can be modified and keep the edgeLinux supported e.g. startup scripts?
  • how do you expose the edgeLinux docker container running mongo to an antlet VM so that they can use it?

Alternative is to run docker in an antlet - and make that the database service in this example

• do you have to install Docker inside the antlet (this is explained well in this post)?
  • or is there a way to configure the antlet so the underlying edgeLinux docker service can be presented for use in the VM?

that's the way that I did it .. I am using Podman on a RHE antlet. have not had any issues that I can write about .. I am running a flask app that talks to PSQL server running on that same antlet.