Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: GeneralNo signal on VGA
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

No signal on VGA

Hi

My antsle is working well,  I can connect to the different antlents via the lan and all looks good

I need to connect external USB drive and change the bios settings not to boot from the external one

I connected a USB keyboard and a VGA to HDMI cable but I didn’t get any boot screen or signal on the VGA  / HDMI

IPMI is not accessible via the LAN,  I don’t see an DHCP lease for any unknown MAC address  or to the br0 interface

how do I get to the bios?

Any idea why I’m getting any signal on the  VGA -> HDMI ??

Thanks

Nadav

Hi Nadigo:

You should be getting signal from VGA port.  You should also be getting an IP Address from IPMI.

You can send an e-mail to support@antsle.com so we can work with you on this issue.

Thanks.

I ran into the same issue attempting to use a simple VGA > HDMI cable.

Solution:  You need a VGA to HDMI Converter with USB Power.   It works like a charm!  Cost me ~$70.

https://www.startech.com/en-us/audio-video-products/vga2hdu

In addition, because it consumes a port and you still need one for the USB Stick (with Edge Linux) and a keyboard, I picked up an inexpensive 4-port USB hub.  That said, I can unplug the USB from the converter and it still works (go figure) so maybe you don't need the USB port.  In any case, I got it all wired up and working.

HTH

lancem and daniel.luck have reacted to this post.
lancemdaniel.luck

Hi @davidthomas

Thanks for the wonderful solution that using VGA to HDMI converter.

I'm not sure why the IPMI wasn't accessible by the LAN, but it should share the same network port as the antsle.

Thank you,
antsle Support