Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: edgeLinux/antManNFS Mounting???
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

NFS Mounting???

I am trying to mount a NFS drive on an antlet using Ubuntu LXC. It keeps erroring when I try to mount it. I was wondering if there is an easy way to mount an NFS drive in the edgelinux interface? If I mount it on the edgelinux server will the antlet be able to see the mounted drive? I am not sure why it is erroring out. I think it probably has something to do with the network setup of the antlet. I have the permissions of the NFS drive set to a wildcard * and sys permissions. The NFS mounting works just fine with another Ubuntu server I have setup on a different computer.

Hi @skrillet

I was able to do this with these steps:

1. Shut down your Ubuntu antlet.
  2. From antsleOS/Edgelinux host create a directory for use by anlet like so: 'mkdir -p /antlets/antletname/mnt/myremotefiles'
  3. Mount the nfs export to newly created directory with 'mount -o nolock remotehost:/path/to/export /antlets/antletname/mnt/myremotefiles' (needs -o nolock because statd is not running)
  4. Boot your Ubuntu anlet and check contents of /mnt/myremotefiles

Worked for me.

John S has reacted to this post.
John S

To mount an NFS drive in EdgeLinux, you can follow these steps:

1. Install the necessary NFS utilities on your EdgeLinux server. You can do this by running the following command:
    sudo apt-get install nfs-common
  2. Determine the IP address of the NFS server and the path to the shared folder you want to mount. You can use the showmount command on the NFS server to get this information:
    showmount -e <nfs-server-ip-address>
  3. Create a directory on your EdgeLinux server where you want to mount the NFS drive. For example:
    sudo mkdir /mnt/nfs
  4. Mount the NFS drive using the mount command. For example:
    sudo mount <nfs-server-ip-address>:<nfs-shared-folder> /mnt/nfs

If your NFS server requires authentication, you can specify the username and password using the username and password options. For example:

sudo mount -o username=<nfs-username>,password=<nfs-password> <nfs-server-ip-address>:<nfs-shared-folder> /mnt/nfs

Replace <nfs-server-ip-address>, <nfs-shared-folder>, <nfs-username>, and <nfs-password> with the appropriate values for your NFS server.

5. Once the NFS drive is mounted on your EdgeLinux server, you should be able to access it from within your Antlet by mounting it on the Antlet. You can do this by specifying the NFS drive's IP address and the path to the mounted directory. For example:
    sudo mount <edgelinux-ip-address>:/mnt/nfs /mnt/nfs

Replace <edgelinux-ip-address> with the IP address of your EdgeLinux server.

If you are still having issues mounting the NFS drive on your Antlet, it could be related to the network setup of the Antlet. You may want to check the network configuration of the Antlet and make sure it is properly connected to the network.

Additionally, if you have the NFS drive mounted on the EdgeLinux server, the Antlet should be able to see the mounted drive as long as you mount it on the Antlet using the correct IP address and path.

drive mad

daniel.luck has reacted to this post.
daniel.luck

Hi @helga

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you,
antsle Support

Quote from helga on March 22, 2023, 8:49 pm

To mount an NFS drive in EdgeLinux, you can follow these steps:

1. Install the necessary NFS utilities on your EdgeLinux server. You can do this by running the following command:
    sudo apt-get install nfs-common
  2. Determine the IP address of the NFS server and the path to the shared folder you want to mount. You can use the showmount command on the NFS server to get this information:
    showmount -e <nfs-server-ip-address>
  3. Create a directory on your EdgeLinux server where you want to mount the NFS drive. For example:
    sudo mkdir /mnt/nfs
  4. Mount the NFS drive using the mount command. For example:
    sudo mount <nfs-server-ip-address>:<nfs-shared-folder> /mnt/nfs

If your NFS server requires authentication, you can specify the username and password using the username and password options. For example:

sudo mount -o username=<nfs-username>,password=<nfs-password> <nfs-server-ip-address>:<nfs-shared-folder> /mnt/nfs

Replace <nfs-server-ip-address>, <nfs-shared-folder>, <nfs-username>, and <nfs-password> with the appropriate values for your NFS server.

5. Once the NFS drive is mounted on your EdgeLinux server, you should be able to access it from within your Antlet by mounting it on the Antlet. You can do this by specifying the NFS drive's IP address and the path to the mounted directory. For example:
    sudo mount <edgelinux-ip-address>:/mnt/nfs /mnt/nfs

Replace <edgelinux-ip-address> with the IP address of your EdgeLinux server.

If you are still having issues mounting the NFS drive on your Antlet, it could be related to the network setup of the Antlet. You may want to check the network configuration of the Antlet and make sure it is properly connected to the network.

Additionally, if you have the NFS drive mounted on the EdgeLinux server, the Antlet should be able to see the mounted drive as long as you mount it on the Antlet using the correct IP address and path.

thx for that inf

suika game