Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

New Antsle root password invalid

So it took forever to get my Antsle thanks to UPS. Now getting it all setup and go to activate it, the root password in my delivery note is invalid...
Shoot me!

Hey @andrew-phillips, I shot you a note as soon as I saw this but never heard back. Did you write support directly?

Hi, I am also failing to have luck activating a brand new Antsle device.

I've emailed support but no response yet.  I've just written them again in case they missed it over the weekend.

Daniel, can you direct message me by chance?  It seems there's no phone number, and I tried to post this weekend here on the forum but it never got approved.

Edit:  Followed these steps to re-set root passwd courtesy of support -

The key to changing the root password is a bootable Linux USB stick. It can be any distro you like, e.g. debian. A basic version (without GUI) will be just fine. For example, you can use SystemRescueCd as USB stick:
Once you have your bootable USB stick, then connect a VGA and USB keyboard directly to the antsle and boot it from the stick.
When you’re in the Linux shell, booted from the stick, with root privileges (use su or sudo if needed) go ahead and issue an “lsblk” command. It will list you a couple of disks. Find the one that has 4 partitions, e.g. /dev/sdb1 … /dev/sdb4. There should be only one that has 4 partitions, could be sda, sdb, sdc…
Then mount the third partition, e.g. /dev/sdb3. Assuming sdb is the one with 4 partitions, the commands would be:
    mkdir -p /mnt/rt
    mount /dev/sdb3 /mnt/rt
Then chroot into it:
    chroot /mnt/rt /bin/bash
Now use the passwd command to change the root password:
    passwd
Type a new password two times.
Then do
    exit
to leave the chroot. Then
    shutdown -h now
Remove the stick, boot the antsle again.