Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

New Antlet's Network Hardware Addresses Fail

I can get as far as taking a snapshot of an antlet and creating a new template from that antlet. But, when I attempt to create a fresh antlet using the new template, it generates all new network MAC addresses for the new antlet. But the template has the original network MAC addresses imbedded in the image. So, when you boot the new antlet, both eth0 and eth1 fail because of the mismatches on the new MAC addresses. Is there an automated way to fix this. We need to generate dozens of antlets. As best I recall, this was handled automatically with VirtualBox and VMware using a simple checkbox when you created the new virtual machine.

I think I figured it out. Just delete all the address entries in ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1, clean out the /var/lib/dhclient directory and delete 70* from /etc/udev/rules.d directory before making the snapshot. Works like a champ.