Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Networking down after using new Port Forwarding Rules from GUI

I have been using my Antsle One for years now, never had any real issues with it. I just recently wanted to try to migrate my port forwards from the hooks method - seen at the bottom of the page here https://docs.antsle.com/networking/port-forwarding - to the new GUI Rule based system.

Immediately after applying the rule, I lost connection to my antman console. I was able to connect to the machine over ssh, but it had no internet connection. after digging through a ton of previous questions, I checked my conf.d/net and resolv.conf and was able to get the device to be able to ping google.com, but the interface was still down.

# ---------------------------
# Configuration for enp0s20f0
# ---------------------------
bridge_br0="enp0s20f0"

config_enp0s20f0="null"
config_br0="dhcp"

fallback_br0="null
apipa"

rc_net_br0_need="net.enp0s20f0"

# Generated by dhcpcd from br0.dhcp
# /etc/resolv.conf.head can replace this line
domain lan
nameserver 192.168.86.1
# /etc/resolv.conf.tail can replace this line

root@gort:~ # service antman start
* Bringing up interface enp0s20f2
* config_enp0s20f2 not specified; defaulting to DHCP
* dhcp ...
* Running dhcpcd ...
enp0s20f2: waiting for carrier
timed out
dhcpcd exited [ !! ]
* ERROR: net.enp0s20f2 failed to start
* Bringing up interface enp0s20f2
* config_enp0s20f2 not specified; defaulting to DHCP
* dhcp ...
* Running dhcpcd ...
enp0s20f2: waiting for carrier
timed out
dhcpcd exited [ !! ]
* ERROR: net.enp0s20f2 failed to start
* ERROR: cannot start libvirtd as net.enp0s20f2 would not start
* ERROR: cannot start antman as net.enp0s20f2 would not start

Now, the weird thing here, is that the machine should NOT be using enp0s20f2, but rather enp0s20f0. I connected another ethernet cable to the 2 port, and things seem to be working as i would want them, but it seems like my 0 port is just being ignored completely, ifconfig shows no ip address there, but does show one for the 2 port.

Im really not sure what the heck is going on here, Ive been able to get the antman console back up as ive been putting this post together, but everything is running off that port 2 with a different ip address, but if i unplug the 0 cable, the whole setup fails. For some reason, even though the 0 interface has no ip and is seems to be being ignored, without it, it fails. I would like to avoid having 2 cables plugged in, especially when one isnt really doing anything. I really dont know what exactly is happening at this point but i would really love some thoughts.

jo has reacted to this post.
jo

I have the same issue! But i cannot get it to work by using one of the other ethernetports. I can however without an issue access the antsle over SSH, like you.

Hi,

Antsle dev here.

We did catch a bug with port forwarding which is now resolved. Try upgrading antman to the latest (running 'upgrade-antman' in edgeLinux command line) and rebooting.

Joe

Thanks Joe! That works, the reboot was indeed needed.