Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: GeneralNested virtualization?
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Nested virtualization?

I'm trying to run application (EVE-NG) that needs nested virtualization to run properly.  The software calls for Ubuntu 16.04 and when I load it into an antlet it says "neither Intel VT-x or AMD-V Found".

Can anyone fill me on how to enable it as I understand this feature is available in AntsleOS/EdgeLinux?

Thanks!

Waterboy,  Currently nested virtualization is not working in the antsle

Oh ok.  Any idea if/when it will be working?  Maybe after move to CentOS?

Thanks!

@waterboy, I checked some forums and it appears you can do nested virtualization in KVM running on CentOS so it should work with us as well. CentOS is ready in beta now, shoot me a note at [email protected] if you'd like to try it out.

I think I have the same request.

I would like to run Red Hat Code Ready Containers (crc) in a antlet VM. I have tried both centos as LXC and KVM.

My latest attempt was to build off CentOS 7 KVM. I upgraded it and added my user with privileges.

During 'crc setup' it stops with these messages:

INFO Setting up virtualization
FATA You need to enable virtualization in BIOS

I stopped all VMs, and went out to root of myantsle and enabled

[email protected]:~ # cat /etc/modprobe.d/kvm.conf
options kvm_intel nested=1

[email protected]:~ # cat /sys/module/kvm_intel/parameters/nested
Y

Is there something else to do?

Do I have to install KVM in the VM as well?

I am able to run docker on the Centos 7-KVM template without any issue, using edgeLinux 2.0.0 and Antman 3.3.1.

However, the Win2019StdGui - KVM template does not support it.  It wants the VMX flag enabled in the BIOS.

Any update on this?  I too would like to actually run WSL on a windows box inside an antlet, but alas, it does not appear in the cards?

What is up with this? and the product in general?   Very disappointed...