Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Nano: Trying to a php build newer than 5.4.16

My goal is to transfer websites from a Plesk managed Windows server to my NanoAnts.  The next website to transfer has php relying on Php 7.x (5.6+ is required).

I have decided that setting up a virtual machine managed with Webmin is a good way to have an open source control panel to make it easier to set things up. On previous examination of the choices, I had thought that CentOS7 looked like the best of the nano templates to start with.

Trying to find a distro of Php for 7.4, or 8.0.0 for ARM on CentOS7 is frustrating.

Tried to build it from sources. Apparently the compiler failure (same place in Php 7.4 or 8.0.0) was just noticed by someone else and logged here a couple of days ago: https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=80581

Some people refer to having built Php sources on Arm, but I have not found one yet as RPM that yum can install.

Still looking at the instructions on this page:

I also had to give up on installing CertBot to automate getting Let's Encrypt SSL certs, due to squashfs not working possibly because of loopback not being installed on CentOS7 template kernel.

I wonder if I would find all this easier if I started with a different template than Centos7?