Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Nano Port Forwarding head scrather - Port forwards that worked yesterday now timing out

The nano update for antman to 3.0.0e definitely made some progress to making port forwards work (at least for manually created port forwards).  But I just noticed something.  Yesterday my ssh port forwards all worked just fine but today I was getting this in my MobaXterm client:

Network error: Connection timed out

I checked my iptable nat setup and everything looks fine:

root@myantsle:/var/log # iptables -t nat -L
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination
DNAT tcp -- anywhere myantsle tcp dpt:23010 to:10.1.1.10:22
DNAT tcp -- anywhere myantsle tcp dpt:23011 to:10.1.1.11:22
DNAT tcp -- anywhere myantsle tcp dpt:23012 to:10.1.1.12:22
DNAT tcp -- anywhere myantsle tcp dpt:esmagent to:10.1.1.10:5601
<snip>

So I went into Antman to disable and re-enable that one specific port forward and it works fine now.

Has anyone else noticed this out of curiosity ?

Curious if anyone from DEV can respond to this question.  Related to my timeout issue, I was curious what the current version of iptables is and the last reference tag on the Git history is v1.8.4 and that is about 3 months old.

The edgeLinux is based on iptables v1.4.12 which is a 9 years old.  Wondering if this port forward time outs I've just encountered could be related to the age of the iptables code base in use within edgeLinuix.