Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: GeneralNano: Day 1
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Nano: Day 1

PreviousPage 2 of 6Next
Quote from Marc Baum on February 12, 2020, 2:28 am

Hi @chamorroroots!

try running `upgrade-antman 3.0.0b`. That version includes several bug fixes, one of which will fix the antletsl service, allowing you to use antletXX.local again.

Please make sure to include the version number in the upgrade command.

Cheers!

Thanks Marc, will give it shot later on tonight.

@ac9hp

Just curious, are you wanting to add a vnic to the myantsle or one of the individual antlets you have created? It seems to be working on my unit... the br0 bridge gets an IP from my LAN router to my First_Test antlet running CentOS7

BR0 on an antlet (vnic)

@bradkuhl

I was not exact.  It would allow me to add the NIC but I could not start the VM once I did.

I was adding to the Raspien template.

Perhaps after I run the update it will work?

Is anyone else having trouble reliably accessing the Antman GUI? I can sometimes connect then it will be non-responsive for hours at a time. After 10 min of trying to load the page in my browser it will give me a 404 nginx error. If i reboot I will usually regain access to it but there has to be something that I can update or downgrade...maybe in the nginx config file?

The whole time I am running a continuous ping the the antsle nano and has zero lost packets but the gui wont load. I know I have a good connection. SSH works perfect, no lag. Even from a remote site I have perfect access to SSH.

ac9hp has reacted to this post.
ac9hp

@bradkuhl

Wait for an update soon.

Support is aware and they are working on it.

chamorroroots has reacted to this post.
chamorroroots

Thanks @ac9hp,

I keep thinking it had to be me or my setup, so I'm glad to hear that. Any actual conversation snippets alluding to the problem?

@bradkuhl this is all I got..

I figure the tech support guys may not know..  The developer(s) are likely hopped up on Mt Dew and working 24/7 correcting all the little things..  move to production is never fun..

We are working on the latest fixes including antMan being intermittently unreachable.
Eta for release is this Friday.
lancem has reacted to this post.
lancem

@mpbaum, I ran the `upgrade-antman 3.0.0b.` It resolved some issues I experience the past two evenings, but I am still unable to  access (web browser or ping IP 10.1.1.#) within my LAN to any antlet I created. Still only thru ssh.

Edit Update: By discovery, I am able to access via web browser and ping my LAN IP (10.0.0.series) and not via antlet hostname or assigned IP 10.1.1. series. Also, I can only do this with antlets running Centos7. The only reason why I was able to discover, is because I get notified by my xFI Advanced Gateway router each time a new device joins my LAN.  I did add a virtual brO bridge to these antlets, but is it supposed to make it work that way on my LAN IPs versus the Antman LAN IPs? Nevermind the last part I saw in the Freedom Cast 18. still learning and documenting my experiences... sigh.

Quote from bradkuhl on February 12, 2020, 6:58 pm

Is anyone else having trouble reliably accessing the Antman GUI? I can sometimes connect then it will be non-responsive for hours at a time. After 10 min of trying to load the page in my browser it will give me a 404 nginx error. If i reboot I will usually regain access to it but there has to be something that I can update or downgrade...maybe in the nginx config file?

The whole time I am running a continuous ping the the antsle nano and has zero lost packets but the gui wont load. I know I have a good connection. SSH works perfect, no lag. Even from a remote site I have perfect access to SSH.

@bradkuhl, I have not experienced that.

Observation: Antman not assigning default “antlet#” to Debian and Ubunto. After installing two instances of Debian, Antman assigned “debian10” as the host name to both. After installing Ubunto 19, Antman assigns “ubunto” as the host name.

Antman only assigns “antlet#” to Centos7.

[Antman version: antman 3.0.0b on Nano]

PreviousPage 2 of 6Next